Need to lose weight

Need to lose weight

Postby Beca210 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:53 pm

I am 19 and weigh 160 pounds at a height of 4 foot 11. I am down from 180 and feeling better about myself but I still want to lose 31 more pounds so I am at my ideal weight 120-129. I was in a bad relationship from 2013 until 2016. I was depressed and didn't leave my bed unless it was necessary. I have chronic asthma so its very hard for me to run. I eat roughly twice a day and work all week I try and workout at least an hour before bed. I want to lose weight but not waste money on a program for it not to work I don't make much and ideas to help me lose weight and workout plans that are flexible to do my schedule. I want to be healthier for my future.
Beca210

Re: Need to lose weight

Postby nathaly93 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:15 am

you can't skip meals because the next meal will be with more calories and it's harder to burn the fat when you put too much in your body at the same time. Portions are a great way to control your calories without working out or a fancy plan, I cook with the least amount of oil I can and balance the plate by adding some kind of veggies in it. when I cook rice I always put chopped carrots and green beans that's just an example of what I do so we can eat a little of everyrhing. I have manage to be 130-140 by doing this, I'm 5'3" and it has work for me. even after having my kids I have manage to go back to my normal weight slowly but I always get back to it.
nathaly93

Postby Beca210 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:33 am

I only eat when I am hungry and there is days when I forget to eat a meal do to having a busy scheduled and I try to eat as healthy as I can, Im not the person that buys the groceries in my household. Its also hard because my boyfriend lives with me on the weekends and can eat alot of junk food and never gain. I cave once and a while but most of the time I resist the temptation. I have always been overweight. Thank you for your reaponse
Beca210

Postby Beca210 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:38 am

Also only eat small meals when I do eat
Beca210

Postby bheulitt » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:31 am

Hopefully this will help...I'm 5'0 tall and I'm currently still on my weight loss journey and still need to lose about 20 pounds until I meet my overall goal. But after having both my kiddos and after my second baby and the stress of having a micro-preemie in my
Mid 30's I found it so easy to indulge in whatever I wanted to eat. I would also skip meals (most of the time I only ate dinner) and that was a huge mistake. I found that dieting is always great but make sure you make it a lifestyle change if you have always struggled with your weight. I have since I was a little girl. So this time for the past year and a half I have been doing low carb/high protein. Along with that I make sure I portion control. Low carbing is super easy contrary to what people may say about it. The trick to it is to make sure at each meal you have at least 30 grams of protein. Since you have such a busy schedule (as do I) I found in the morning a protein shake that is low in carbs such as Adkins or EAS is a great substitute if you can't make yourself breakfast. One of those only has 2 carbs total and 15-17 grams of protein. Add in a cheese stick and you are right at the 30 gram mark. Some protein shakes like the brand "oh yeah" have 30 grams of protein in 1 serving and taste amazing. I prefer those but they are pricey. I also never buy those pre-made I buy the powder and mix it with unsweetened almond milk. Also eggs are another great source of protein. For lunch you can have a salad with a protein like chicken and add cheese. But make sure with a dressing it's not light as it contains more carbs and sugar. Always get full fat. And do a sensible dinner with high protein and low carbs. If you need help in keeping track of what you're eating myfitness pal is awesome for that. With that it helps you see that you are eating the amounts you need and to stay within the calories you set. I usually stay within 1100 calories for the day. Also drink plenty of water. I take in 80-100oz. Water per day. Water helps flush your system and helps you lose weight. As for the carbs I limit myself to 50 carbs per day. Always look at the back of every package you buy. Anything that contains sugar counts towards your carbs. So if it says carbs 2, sugar 2 then it's 4 carbs. If it has dietary fiber always subtract that. carbs + sugar - dietary fiber = total net carbs. Trust me when I say with the higher protein you feel full longer and you won't need a snack and the protein gives you energy. I also cut out diet soda. The artificial sweetener can cause weight gain just like regular soda. Good fats are also good for you to eat on this diet such as coconut oil. I could go on and on for days with this. But I went from 230 pounds to 143 (current weight) and I still have 20 to go and it's the best I have felt in a long time. BTW, sorry my response was so lengthy, but I hope it helps you out some.
bheulitt

Postby Beca210 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:28 am

Thank you so much for your response. Im going to try and keep up on a calorie in take journal. Im trying to cut back on caffeine because yes i know its bad especially trying to lose weight but Im grumpy and have lack of motivation without caffeine due to the headaches Ill get. I might get the powder shakes I have to see what I can afford.
Beca210

Postby Beca210 » Thu May 11, 2017 3:37 am

2 weeks down 5 pounds
Beca210

Return to Fitness & Weight Loss