Worried

Worried

Postby frau Mcmadu » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:00 pm

Hii,had my LO 3 weeks ago. We doing great nd fine(besides the sleepless nights). He's gaining weight nd wetting a good number of diapers daily...but he doesn't feed for more than 5mins...that's if it's up to. Once in awhile he exceeds 5mins. His poops have a yellow colour but I just noticed a little greenish colour as well. I ate nothing unusually nd no medication too. Am just worried that he's not getting enough hindmilk...cos of d colour change. I'd love to get more opinions here pls.
frau Mcmadu

Re: Worried

Postby Auslove2.0 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:24 pm

It's normal for babies to eat 5 minutes at a time as long as he or she eats at least 8 time a day with 8wet 2-3 dirty diapers the color for the restroom is normal as well it will change throughout time
Auslove2.0

Re: Worried

Postby Kbebe » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:11 pm

This baby poop color usually means there is some digestive distress. One reason for green poop is a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance. That means baby is not getting enough of the rich creamy milk at the end of a feed and, consequently, getting too much of the liquidy foremilk that is higher in lactose and lower in fat. This usually happens if you have too fast a letdown or oversupply and eventually will normalize in most cases. Making sure baby finishes one side before offering the other will often fix this problem.

One other reason for a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance is if baby has a bad latch. If so, baby may have a hard time getting the thick creamy hindmilk out of your breast. Definitely consult a lactation consultant if you think this may be the case.

Lime Green poop can also be a sign of a stomach bug. A stomach bug poop is usually frothy and/or mucusy as well.

Another possible reason that your breastfed baby’s poop is green is sensitivity to something you are eating (most likely dairy). An elimination diet is the best way to deal with this problem.

I would not be worried about the length of time as long as your baby is wetting a good amount of diapers. As per the color, it is normal for it to change due to diet or iron supplements. Just keep an eye on it. It might go back to the normal yellow color in a couple of days.
Kbebe

Return to Breastfeeding