35 and no babies yet

35 and no babies yet

Postby Swani » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:42 pm

Hi everyone, well the thing is I'm 35 ( I'll be 36 next July) and I'm not sure if I really want babies. I just want to know how did you realise that you were ready? I've start to feel a bit nervous about this topic as I'm getting old... I would like to know your opinions. Thanks!
Swani

Re: 35 and no babies yet

Postby Pia90 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:55 pm

Hi Swani,
I know this may not be the response you were looking for but my answer is :
You just know!
Having Kids is something you either want or not and if you aren't so sure about it then maybe you should not have any. Because you have to commit to it 100%+ for the rest of your life.
Although I do know ppl who thought they don't want kids but accidentally fell pregnant and said, they couldn't imagine their lives w/o their kids now.
Pia90

Postby ProudMamaBear » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:07 pm

I believe it's just a matter of timing. As the other person mentioned, I was one of those people who didn't want kids. I ended up getting pregnant and my husband and I couldn't imagine our lives any differently. Parenting is a lifetime commitment as well as a gift. I personally believe it is all in the way you handle it. Having a child is truly a blessing. Before I had my son I was petrified about ever becoming a parent since I didn't have the best childhood, but now that he is here, I realized that the cycle of baggage that I've grown to learn could be broken. There will definitely be some challenging moments of each stage was your child's development but the love, joy and pride you have for your child will surmount any of those trying times. Keep in mind thAt you are your child's first teacher (literally their first everything) so you will want to be cognizant of your actions and words. Just remember to lead by example.

Take your time and enjoy yourself because the time you have now will seem like a lifetime ago when you have kids. Children do change your life but I personally think it is for the better.

Do what you feel is best. Good luck on your decision.
ProudMamaBear

Postby Mother2be » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:05 pm

Hi there. I'm 32 and for the longest time have said I dont want kids. I don't know what happened to me this year but I feel like I'm ready to be a mom. We are trying for a baby now and I'm on fertility supplements. Can't wait to experience pregnancy and to be a mommy. I'm praying for twins.
Mother2be

Postby JessicaMarijke » Thu May 04, 2017 10:58 pm

I'm 35. For as long as I can remember I knew I never wanted kids. Up until about a year and a half ago, I just suddenly knew I wanted to have a baby. We just got married and are now trying. I've read at this age it could be difficult, I'm hoping not!

So, I think.... you just KNOW when you want to have kids. It hit me out of nowhere.
JessicaMarijke

Postby flopsy » Sat May 06, 2017 1:52 am

My cousin is 38 and expecting her first child.
flopsy

Postby Rali » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:37 pm

Hello girls.I'm new here, I like the forum,it is a good place to share.I'm 33 years old,and with my husband already few months we work on a baby.For the country I live having a first child around my age is quite normal.As some of u, I think nobody can be prepare to became a parent,I fell confuse about it.On one hand I want it,on the other Iam afraid how my life will change.Nothing will be the same anymore,hope for good :)
Rali

Postby JadeFreeLove » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:31 pm

I just posted something similar on another thread...
I'm 32 and want to start a family. I used to be engaged to a wonderful man that was financially independent and we were planning the wedding and a family etc. Long story short is that that ended a while ago now, but I'm not getting any younger.
I have been seeing a sweet man for 6 months but he is young (7 years my junior) and not a reliable provider (not that that matters I suppose). I have a decent job, work full time and luckily work from home too.
It's a huge decision and I really just don't know what to do.
I want to be able to provide for everything a child could need. I don't even know where to start.

I never wanted kids, then with my engagement, the idea grew on me that it was possible. I know I don't want to regret not having kids. I wish there was more time.
JadeFreeLove

Postby SLO.mto4 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:19 am

Jade,
You are only 32....trust there is time. I devorced after 20 years then remarried a year ago exactly on October 22. We had two miscarriages one in May and one in August of 2016, then got pregnant again and on September 11, I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. I am 39 years old and no complications. No pain relief in labor. Everything is great so far. We plan to try for at least one more. She is my fifth....they go one girl 22, boy 18, boy 16, boy 14 and girl 1 month. So proof you have time. Good luck!!
SLO.mto4

Return to 30+ Moms