Single Moms

Single Moms

Postby fireangel85 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:41 am

I've been a single mom since October 2013. Well really since my son was born my ex husband didn't help much in the year and 4 months after the baby was born. Anyways I don't really have a string support system with my family yes my parents help with taking care of my son like watching him so I can work but it's just hard. I have these crazy feelings. For one I never wanted kids not even after I found out I was pregnant. I only had my son because his father told me if I had an abortion that was the end of our relationship as well. I loved my ex husband and would have done anything for him. He has no contact with my son (his choice) however I still sometimes wish I hadn't had him. I know my feelings are horrible and I try very hard to not feel them but I can't help it. I've never told anyone any of this because we as women are "supposed" to want/love our children. I love my son of course I do! And I couldn't imagine my life without him now but I just don't know what to do anymore. I'm tired of being alone not having anyone to talk to and just being lonely in my day to day life. I don't date. Too many weirdos out there. I'm not open to having a relationship with another man and not because I still love my ex but because I don't want my son to get hurt. I don't want him to get attached to someone only to have them leave it's not fair to him. I guess I was just wondering if there are any other single moms out there in similar situations or that have been here and could help. Thanks for reading and have a wonderful day
fireangel85

Re: Single Moms

Postby Moosey » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:22 am

I'm not a single mom - but I am a mom. It is really hard- harder than you can imagine. Sounds like you have some depression. 4months right? Do you have some post pardum depression? I think you should explore this. Also- it sounds like you are isolated a bit. Running around like a crazy person- to and from work- rush home take care of baby- probably falling asleep early. Then up in middle of night. I think you should push yourself out- go to some mother groups- like at the library- they have free story time. When my child was a baby- once a week- I would force myself out of house to a gym class for mommy and kids. I would also go to a swim class with her. It's very hard to work and raise a child. Plus- you are grieving for the loss of your ex. You don't need to date to get out there and make connections- go make connections with other moms. You may be surprised that there are other women just like you. But seriously- go to your doctor- sounds like you need help with some depression girl.
Moosey

Return to 30+ Moms