Family and telling them

Family and telling them

Postby Clojoe » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:00 am

My family don't know anything about me being pregnant. I just got back with my parter as we have had a bit of a fight my parents were happy we broke for a bit but I'm back with him as I still love him and we both just needed to work out what to do with ourselves. I found out I was pregnant and I'm 20 21 in September. My partner has said he will support me on what I chose for this child and he won't leave me if I do chose to keep it. But I don't know how to tell my family and when I should in about 6 weeks pregnant and I don't know when I should tell them. Please help me what should I do about my parents.
Clojoe

Re: Family and telling them

Postby Moosey » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:52 am

It sounds like you are going to need the support of your family dear. Because his reaction as you put it- is lukewarm at best. He will support your decision if you decide to keep it- doesn't sound like excitement to me. He won't leave you? You don't have a crystal ball 🔮 but many young women and girls have heard this- only to be left after baby comes. Because it's not easy. Hopefully he means what he says and will be there. But at this point- you need your family- who most likely will have to help with this baby. You need to put yourself in a position where you can support yourself and baby on your own just in case. Just tell your mom. "Mom- I need to tell you something, I'm pregnant." Spit it out- there is no easy way.
Moosey

Return to Young Moms