PCOS?

PCOS?

Postby Puddles5100 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:22 pm

I'm 26 and have just recently been diagnosed with pcos. I have been dealing with extreme periods for almost 11 years now and have been jumping from one doctor to another the entire time. This is the first real diagnosis I have gotten but I'm not sure what it means. I have pamphlets that scratch the surface but they don't say if this is a life long battle or what?! My gyn put me on progesterone and told me my cycle should return to normal, but there is a problem. I have no idea what a "normal period" is. I've never had one, since I was 15 and started my periods have been very unpredictable. They range from 2 days long to 8 months long and there is no way of knowing how much time I will have in between. Does anyone know anything about pcos? Any information is useful at this point.
Puddles5100

Re: PCOS?

Postby Steph0494 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:58 am

Hello there! I have PCOS as well, i got diagnosed about 4 months ago. Basically what it means it's that your ovaries don't release the mature eggs when they're supposed to in each period. A normal cycle should last 28-32 days approx. and period should last 4-7 days. Before I got diagnosed I could go 6 months without getting my period, and when I did got it it was a nightmare, super heavy flow that sometimes lasted 12 days and the most horrible cramps you could ever imagine. Since I started treatment with Metformin and birth control I have been having my period every 28 days and no pain at all.
Steph0494

Re: PCOS?

Postby Mimma15 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:46 am

Pcos is a nightmare inside its self. Mood swings, depression, weight gain, cramps, excessive body/facial hair etc. Watch the sugar intake I've battled it for years. Inisitol is better for pcos than metformin. Look on Amazon for women's health vitamins or inisitol. There will be some good options. They help
Mimma15

Return to First time Moms