Anyone else?

Anyone else?

Postby Chidz90 » Tue May 16, 2017 2:03 pm

Is it just me or are you more comfortable leaving bub with your own mother rather than mother in law? Is it normal? Is it just because youve know your mum your whole life and trust her unconditionally??
Chidz90

Re: Anyone else?

Postby nathaly93 » Wed May 17, 2017 2:34 pm

I always leave my kids with my mom. I do trust my mom more then my mother in law but I also have evidence that my mom will always take care of my kids better then my in law will. The only time I have left my oldest (3 years old) with my mother in law my daughter found rat poison and my in law had no idea until another of her grandkids saw my girl and toke the poison away.
nathaly93

Postby Chidz90 » Wed May 17, 2017 4:53 pm

Oh my god that is so lucky! You poor thing that must have scared you!! My mum in law hasn't done or not done something but she believes in the cry it out method and has tried to let my bub cry is out while i was there once. I dont believe in it especially while so little. I think im more worried about her not following what i want and how i look after my bub while my mum has the same values fof bringing up children. My mum has worked with babies and children since she was 18! So i feel she knows alot more and has more experience.
Chidz90

Postby Pia90 » Sun May 21, 2017 10:15 pm

It really depends on the person. I however trust my MIL more than my own mother with my baby. My Mother has really strange views of how to raise a child and will not accept our ways.
My mother in law on the other hand respects our ways and adapts them.
she is the only one I trust 100% with my Baby. I can see how much she loves her (like she was her own new born baby)
Pia90

Postby Chidz90 » Wed May 24, 2017 4:27 am

Yeah i understand. I probably should have worded it differently and asked if there is one particular person who you trust more than others to look after bub.
Chidz90

Return to First time Moms