New mommy advice?

New mommy advice?

Postby cg2122 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:28 pm

Ok I'm not sure where I should categorize this but I need some advice for when baby comes.
I am 17 weeks, and when I first found out I was pregnant my bfs mom wanted to literally have my baby and raise him/her. I was against it bc I know im gonna fall in love with my baby once I meet him/her.
Last night my bf had the nerve to ask me "so are you gonna let my mom keep baby in her room during the nights?" When he asks questions like this it makes me feel like he doesnt want to be a daddy, maybe he doesn't but the deed is done and he has no choice. This makes me want to be far away from him when he says things like this. I responded "we might go stay with my mom" and he said "f**k no!" And I didn't say anything bc he had already ruined my night by something that happened earlier in the evening n I was still upset/sad. Anyway, what do you think I should do? I'd rather be at my own mom's house and learn how to be a new mom and care for my baby.. it seems like he doesnt care to learn to be a dad and if he doesn't care why is he trying to control me and make me give my baby to his mom? I mean yes, of course I want help but I don't want to give my baby to her. Shes already trying to make us name our baby after her just cuz none of her other kids did..
And yes I'm sure it'll be hard waking up during the night and doing it all by myself bc he obviously wants to give up his daddy responsibilities. but what kind of mother would I be if I didn't do any of the worm and just gave it all up to grandma who is older. I don't think I would be able to do this. What do you guys think? I need to get different perspectives from experienced mommys because I seem to get extremely offended every time a topic like this comes up and I get more anxious of what is gonna happen once my baby is actually born.
cg2122

Re: New mommy advice?

Postby Samnas » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:21 am

Honestly do what's right by you and the baby. Controlling boyfriends mum are annoying trust me there not far off being mother in laws this baby is very important you and what it seems like is your bf wants it to easy and ways to avoid doing anything esp if he has his mum offering to have the baby over night and even wants the baby named after her... girl put yourself first and the baby and I say move in with your mum she did a good job in raising you what's the harm of her showing you what to do. At the end of the day it's you and then baby some guys can't commit to being responsible for a baby so it's better you don't move in with his mum it will only cause bigger arguments between all 3 and it's not nice to have that with baby on the way and in the house it's to much stress. You girl name that baby what the he'll you want not after his mum. Looks like to me his mum wants to keep your baby as if it's hers. Put number 1 first x
Samnas

Postby cg2122 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:16 pm

@samnas thank you for not making me feel crazy for feeling like this.. I need someone to tell it like it is bc sometimes I am blinded by idk what. I'm glad you see what I see, everything is just unfair and I'm tired of living here. What do you think about him not even giving my family a chance and staying with us if we moved.. he told me "f**k no" I'm not staying with my mom after baby comes which hurt my feelings too and he didn't even apologize or try to talk about it. Ugh I'm just tired of this. Thank you for your advice I really appreciate it.
cg2122

Postby susanv » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:34 am

Hello dear you seem to be going through some a lot right now. I hope you make the best decision for you and your baby. Know that you're not crazu and you as the mother have the right to say no to whatever they're trying to make you do honestly if you think about it they're already trying to control you and the baby is not even born yet imagine how bad is going to get if you dont put your foot down and get out of there. You need to be enjoying your pregnancy instead of worrying. Im going to be a first time mom and i dont want no one to be telling me what to do or dont do with my baby. Or trying to take my baby away from my arms. Move with your mom and relax love your baby and than when you find yourself at peace think of names. Good luck!
susanv

Postby MiasMommy » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:38 am

Sorry It's Such A Late Reply, Don't Know If You're Still Going Through Any Of This Anymore, But I Feel For You, I'm 19& My Daughter Will Be 3 Months Old On The 4th Of February! & You Sound Like Me When I Was Still Pregnant! I Was Pretty Resentful Towards My Boyfriend& Trust Me Its Not Going To Get Any Better At All Till He Steps Up& Is A Good Father! But After My C Section, I Was Very Very Sick& Hardly Had Any Help (Everyone Says To Take All The Help You Can Get) But I Didn't Want Anyone's Help At All.. I Did Lots Of Research Over EVERYTHING When I Was Pregnant& Made All My Decisions Beforehand, Of Course Just About Nothing Is Going To Go As You Plan It But At Least You Are Mentally Prepared.
MiasMommy

Postby cg2122 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:43 am

Not going thru this anymore and we are on better terms for the most part lately. Don't argue much anymore and I am happier for some reason and I'm really enjoying it. He seems more excited now that I have a big belly and we are 34 weeks. His mother backed off awhile ago and I'm glad because I was getting to the point of not being able to stand her but everything is going way better now. I am in the process of trying to get my own home for my baby and I but unfortunately I come from a very small town and there are hardly any open houses/apartments vacant which really sucks. Just have to keep praying that everything works itself out. Thanks everyone for the advice and taking time out of your day to help me out:) I hope everything continues to get better but a girl can only hope.
cg2122

Postby His_princess » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:18 am

I need help idk if I'm pregnant but I've been feeling nauseous from time to time and my top belly hurted but now my pelvic area is hurting like it's tightening
His_princess

Postby Krimzin » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:48 am

This really could be any thing from bloating to digestive problems. Have you missed your period yet? If so take a test. Doesn't need to be an expensive one just a cheap one from dollar store.
Krimzin

Return to First time Moms