Can someone help me?

We don't want baby by now!

Can someone help me?

Postby Yca2205 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:57 am

Is withdrawal or pull out method safe from getting pregnant?
Yca2205

Re: Can someone help me?

Postby flopsy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:08 am

No
flopsy

Postby TNN » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:27 pm

Even though they both sound intriguing, while being turned on from sexual activity, guys can pre-c*m, which do not let someone lie to you, they can not control it. There's a chance you could become pregnant from pre-c*m even though he didn't ejaculate inside you. Birth control or condoms is the best route!
TNN

Postby kitkjlift » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:54 am

If the pull out method is the only method you're using, you should really consider some real type of birth control. Condoms and the pill are two common ones and really easy to get.
kitkjlift

Postby Yca2205 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:54 am

TNN wrote:Even though they both sound intriguing, while being turned on from sexual activity, guys can pre-c*m, which do not let someone lie to you, they can not control it. There's a chance you could become pregnant from pre-c*m even though he didn't ejaculate inside you. Birth control or condoms is the best route!

Thanks for the info im bit confused and scared as well as i gone through salpingectomy 2months ago due to ruptured tubal preg.. im afraid to take pills bec. It has long term side effect.. i used to it for 6months.. really upset and confused of which i should used..
Yca2205

Postby Yca2205 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:57 am

Thank you.. i've been with althea for 6months way bck 2016 to regulate my menstrual cycle i do have pcos :( i never used it again since i got married..i think i should stick with condom..
Yca2205

Postby Ttcmjj » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:12 am

If u not wanting to get pregnant use condoms pcos lesson your chance of ovulation but u can still get pregnant if u have a period every month if it's irregular I would talk to doctor about a low dose bc like ortho cyclen to regulate period for when u are wanting a family and ask your doctor about metformin
Ttcmjj

Postby Yca2205 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:02 pm

Ttcmjj wrote:If u not wanting to get pregnant use condoms pcos lesson your chance of ovulation but u can still get pregnant if u have a period every month if it's irregular I would talk to doctor about a low dose bc like ortho cyclen to regulate period for when u are wanting a family and ask your doctor about metformin

Thank u for the response and info..:) im just afraid of getting unwanted preg. And afraid of using pills too.. i think i'd rather use condom.. i got reg.mens.starting march this year after using althea for 6months..:)
Yca2205

Postby love_letter » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:13 am

I used the withdrawal method successfully for 7 years and never got pregnant. That's just me though. Keep in mind that correctly using this method requires a lot of self-control and bodily awareness on the part of the man. It also helped that I used some form of fertility awareness (we avoided s*x around ovulation and had more s*x right before the start of my period).

In theory, the pull-out method can be somewhat safe. However, in practice, it is less reliable than condoms or birth control. Among couples who use the withdrawal method *perfectly* 4% will get pregnant. However the reality is that of the average couples who use the pull-out method, 22% will get pregnant.

Here the challenges and issues with the withdrawal method:

1. Precum. Theoretically precum should not contain sperm. However, in reality it sometimes does. The reason for this is because some sperm are often left behind in the man's urethra from a previous ejacu**tion (whether from s*x or masturbating earlier in the day). These sperm will not be cleared out until another fluid washes them out of the urethra. Let's say a guy masturbates before he goes on a date (many do despite not wanting to admit it!). Some residual sperm will be left behind in the urethra & released with his precum when he gets aroused. Urinating before s*x can help clear out any residual sperm. It's not a 100% guarantee, but it helps.
I have also heard that some men are more prone to having sperm in their precum than others. I can't verify this, but if it's true, that means that if a man has had issues with getting girls pregnant using the withdrawal method in the past, he may continue to have an issue with it in the future. And vice versa. It depends on your partner.

2. Timing. In order for withdrawal to work, the guy needs to be able to recognize when he is about to c*m, pull out quickly with sufficient time before he does, and ejaculate somewhere far enough away from your vagina so that sperm won't make their way up there. It may also be necessary for him to shower & wash his hands before you two continue with any sexual contact. This requires you to have a lot of trust in your partner's ability to execute this properly. If a man is drunk or inebriated in any way, he will likely struggle with the self-awareness, timing, and self-control that this demands. Better done sober and level-headed.

3. STI risk. The withdrawal method does not protect against STD's, such as a barrier method like condoms would. (Of course, the pill doesn't protect against STD's either, but it can also help regulate your cycle).

I will say that it's a hell of a lot better than nothing, but the day you have an accident or are unsure if he pulled out quickly enough, you may find that wondering whether you might be pregnant until your next period is not worth the stress. For many years, I too wanted to avoid the side effects of the pill. But after becoming single & realizing just how reckless & irresponsible some men can be, I decided it wasn't worth the risk. It took me years to find a birth control pill I could tolerate the side effects of, but I eventually found it. Remember there are a lot of options these days. If you try one and feel awful, ask your doctor to prescribe you a different kind with a lower dose of hormones. Keep experimenting until you find one that works for you. Or stick to condoms/female condoms for now. I hope this helps.
love_letter

Postby Yca2205 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:39 am

Thank u so much love_letter for the effort of further explanation.. it really helps knowing that there are certain tips in using pull out method. I am just afraid because i am irregular but after using althea for 6 months my
Period from march till now occured every month. Except july when i found out that i am preggy..unfortunately it was ectopic and they have to removed my rigth tube bec.it was already ruptured. Do you think althea has the reason behind that ectopic preg.
Yca2205

Next

Return to Birth Control