Lump on my neck

Everything about woman's health

Lump on my neck

Postby Connie_Masters16 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:46 am

Hello,

Three days ago, a lump suddenly appeared on my neck, left side. The lump is squishy and moves and not painful. However, as soon as I start eating or drinking, the lump gets really hard and firm and so painful because it pushes and applies pressure to my throat. Has that ever happened to someone? I’m soo scared to go doctors.
Connie_Masters16

Re: Lump on my neck

Postby cacahuate86 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:50 am

You're going to have to see a doctor for this one.
How big is it?
If you have a cold it could just be your lymph nodes. But if it's a blood clod, it can get really serious.
Or it could be a pimple for all we know. Just go see a doctor.
cacahuate86

Postby Connie_Masters16 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:08 pm

cacahuate86 wrote:You're going to have to see a doctor for this one.
How big is it?
If you have a cold it could just be your lymph nodes. But if it's a blood clod, it can get really serious.
Or it could be a pimple for all we know. Just go see a doctor.

I went to see the doctor and she said it might be an infected lymph node. She gave me antibiotics for five days and told me to go back asap if I’ve finished the antibiotics and the lump is still there as they would need to do scans. It’s been three days since using antibiotics but no sign of the lump disappearing :(
Connie_Masters16

Postby cacahuate86 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:13 pm

There you go. At least you have a starting point now and we know it's the lymph nodes. Do you have a cold? If so, it could be just that. If not, it might be something more serious (like a tumor - but those can be benign, so don't panic!)
cacahuate86

Postby Connie_Masters16 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:34 pm

cacahuate86 wrote:There you go. At least you have a starting point now and we know it's the lymph nodes. Do you have a cold? If so, it could be just that. If not, it might be something more serious (like a tumor - but those can be benign, so don't panic!)

I don’t want to be negative but I feel it’s more than infected lymph nodes. The pain has now increased. It’s there all the time. Pain on my neck and lower down and even my jaw. This pain wasn’t there before. I find it hard to eat and drink as the lump is putting too much pressure.
Connie_Masters16

Return to Woman Health