Depressed and probably have a worse mental problem

Everything about woman's health

Depressed and probably have a worse mental problem

Postby Lizz » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:23 am

About a year ago i was taken into a hospital because i was very depressed and at edge of killing myself. As i saw doctors there they prescribed me antidepressants, which i still take. Those have helped me very much and now i believe i am not depressed. But my doctor can tell that i am. Now i feel crazy. I have a hard time proving to myself i am really here. I feel like everything is fake. I cant look at people in the eyes. I often get distracted fast and have an appetite problem. I live confused, who i am or if im really still here. Everything feels like a dream. I am content with my life now much more than a year ago. But i dont understand these feelings. I would tell my doctor but he wont really help, it is more than likely he will just prescribe me more medication. Please someone help me. I really don't know what is going on
Lizz

Re: Depressed and probably have a worse mental problem

Postby Lys24 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:12 am

When I was depressed I couldn't stand looking at myself in the mirror because I felt it wasn't me. I did take depressed medicine but they help a little I stop taking them 3 years ago. Mostly depends if you feel like your in no need of it do what you feel free to do or get second opinion on a doctor.
أليسا
Lys24

Postby cats_cupcakes » Mon May 08, 2017 1:48 am

I don't have depression I think but every once in a while I feel like everything is fake and there's no point to living because it's not real anyway. So I think what you're experiencing is normal or it may just be a side effect of the medication. Don't worry too much about it and try to stay healthy
cats_cupcakes

Postby Soccermommy13 » Tue May 16, 2017 9:32 pm

When i was 12 i was in this really bad place had moved to a different state didnt know anyone was really pissed. Well after a while it turned into depression i also have anger issues so all that clearly doesnt help but my parents got me help. I had one dr that i would see monthly and he would ask me some questions and give me meds good dr but same thing i thought i was fine but he said i wasnt i also felt crazy. But i also went to another dr same building and would just talk vent and he listenEd. These two worked together in trying to help me so i would get out of the depression and it helped. What i mean is there are drs that dont listen do a quick assessment and give you meds you also need a therapist that will work with this dr to help you because being on meds sucks. I found my anchor and now i dont take meds because i have someone that grounds me but talking is what you need to not just here with someone for your benefit and it gets better
Soccermommy13

Postby LibraLuv2684 » Thu May 18, 2017 6:09 pm

a Psychiatrist & Psychotherapists works together to provide you w/the best possible outcome.....you might need to see another dr if you're not being heard
Crazy♎Luv
LibraLuv2684

Postby Penevoy » Thu May 25, 2017 10:55 am

In all I think praying and meditating,reading the bible and talking to someone.
Penevoy

Postby anu17 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:21 pm

please do not stop taking your medicine until your dr. says so. and while taking your proper medicines try yoga and meditation. it will definately help. god bless you dear.
anu17

Postby AMY123 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:37 am

I was once depressed as well and i found my way through God. You can beat depression! Try to do things that make you happy. When you feel lost just try and stop thinking to much that happened to me as well. Shake it off and keep your self busy. Youare not crazy sometimes things in life seem to be so un real. But please dont stop taking your pills unless your doctor tells you. I had a friend commit suicide after she stopped taking her pills. Go to a different doctor maybe some counceling as well.
AMY123

Postby Lizz » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:26 am

AMY123 wrote:I was once depressed as well and i found my way through God. You can beat depression! Try to do things that make you happy. When you feel lost just try and stop thinking to much that happened to me as well. Shake it off and keep your self busy. Youare not crazy sometimes things in life seem to be so un real. But please dont stop taking your pills unless your doctor tells you. I had a friend commit suicide after she stopped taking her pills. Go to a different doctor maybe some counceling as well.

Now im really not going to stop taking them. He asked me if i went to group therapy. I dont. Iwish i knew where I could get group therapy. That would really help.
Lizz

Postby AMY123 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:25 pm

Your main doctor can advice you with a councilor have you asked him? Usually they try to find you one they know it's affordable for you.
AMY123

Next

Return to Woman Health