Depressed and probably have a worse mental problem

Everything about woman's health

Depressed and probably have a worse mental problem

Postby Lizz » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:23 am

About a year ago i was taken into a hospital because i was very depressed and at edge of killing myself. As i saw doctors there they prescribed me antidepressants, which i still take. Those have helped me very much and now i believe i am not depressed. But my doctor can tell that i am. Now i feel crazy. I have a hard time proving to myself i am really here. I feel like everything is fake. I cant look at people in the eyes. I often get distracted fast and have an appetite problem. I live confused, who i am or if im really still here. Everything feels like a dream. I am content with my life now much more than a year ago. But i dont understand these feelings. I would tell my doctor but he wont really help, it is more than likely he will just prescribe me more medication. Please someone help me. I really don't know what is going on
Lizz

Re: Depressed and probably have a worse mental problem

Postby Lys24 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:12 am

When I was depressed I couldn't stand looking at myself in the mirror because I felt it wasn't me. I did take depressed medicine but they help a little I stop taking them 3 years ago. Mostly depends if you feel like your in no need of it do what you feel free to do or get second opinion on a doctor.
أليسا
Lys24

Postby cats_cupcakes » Mon May 08, 2017 1:48 am

I don't have depression I think but every once in a while I feel like everything is fake and there's no point to living because it's not real anyway. So I think what you're experiencing is normal or it may just be a side effect of the medication. Don't worry too much about it and try to stay healthy
cats_cupcakes

Postby Soccermommy13 » Tue May 16, 2017 9:32 pm

When i was 12 i was in this really bad place had moved to a different state didnt know anyone was really pissed. Well after a while it turned into depression i also have anger issues so all that clearly doesnt help but my parents got me help. I had one dr that i would see monthly and he would ask me some questions and give me meds good dr but same thing i thought i was fine but he said i wasnt i also felt crazy. But i also went to another dr same building and would just talk vent and he listenEd. These two worked together in trying to help me so i would get out of the depression and it helped. What i mean is there are drs that dont listen do a quick assessment and give you meds you also need a therapist that will work with this dr to help you because being on meds sucks. I found my anchor and now i dont take meds because i have someone that grounds me but talking is what you need to not just here with someone for your benefit and it gets better
Soccermommy13

Postby LibraLuv2684 » Thu May 18, 2017 6:09 pm

a Psychiatrist & Psychotherapists works together to provide you w/the best possible outcome.....you might need to see another dr if you're not being heard
Crazy♎Luv
LibraLuv2684

Postby Penevoy » Thu May 25, 2017 10:55 am

In all I think praying and meditating,reading the bible and talking to someone.
Penevoy

Return to Woman Health