help me gain weight

Re: help me gain weight

Postby Leelapink » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:13 pm

I realize this is many years after it was said but for as many people have seem it. I eat A LOT I still have a bmi of 17. I am 5ft 7 and 110 pounds. Some people naturally have a super fast metabolism and don't gain weight. Sometimes eating foods that are hearty and have lots of nutrients can help if you are trying to gain weight. I (not a doctor) would say not to give up completely something you love like running to gain weight because 1. running is good for you just not super excessive running 2. (Again not a doctor) I feel like it would kind of shock your body to all of a sudden stop running and eat twice as much. I also am a runner and realize that when I don't run I eat half at much because I am not hungry.
Leelapink

Postby B27 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:13 pm

Hi am new here I want to gain weight am currently at 106 my goal is to reach 135lbs wat tips can u guys give to me on any supplements I can try that might work
B27

Postby JustJessica87 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:21 pm

Drink Ensure with protein, it should help
JustJessica87

Postby unikitty » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:18 pm

I hope you read this as there are so many other replies and you might not notice this one. I am thirteen and I need to gain half a dozen pounds and I guess you could say that I'm under weight. I'm quite tall and a picky eater too and no matter how much I eat I just don't get fat. I try to eat a lot but sometimes I just can't force myself and if I do my stomach get a upset. I also have trouble finding clothes that fit cause I'm tall but I have small shoulders and I'm thin too. In my case, this is because it's in my genes. It was the same case with my mom but she is short so she didn't seem to be very thin. But she gained a lot of weight later so I think that will happen to me. I think this might be the same thing with you. My mom also gives me stuff to keep me healthy like chicken stock to give energy and eggnog to help me gain weight (although it doesn't work, my mom says it will help me internally)
Hope I have helped
Keep exercising as I think that will help
unikitty

Postby cacahuate86 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:13 pm

@unitkitty: At your age, you'll grow into it, believe me. I was you. I was very tall and super thin at 13 years old. I was an athlete, so I burned calories like nobody's business and I could eat whatever I wanted but it didn't help at all. As soon as you really hit puberty, when your growth gets slower and all that, you'll gain weight. At your age, there is really nothing to worry about... yet. Please, you're 13 years old, don't concern yourself with your weight! As long as you feel healthy and strong, there is nothing wrong, nothing to worry about at all!
cacahuate86

Postby unikitty » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:08 am

cacahuate86 wrote:@unitkitty: At your age, you'll grow into it, believe me. I was you. I was very tall and super thin at 13 years old. I was an athlete, so I burned calories like nobody's business and I could eat whatever I wanted but it didn't help at all. As soon as you really hit puberty, when your growth gets slower and all that, you'll gain weight. At your age, there is really nothing to worry about... yet. Please, you're 13 years old, don't concern yourself with your weight! As long as you feel healthy and strong, there is nothing wrong, nothing to worry about at all!

Thanx for reassuring me, finally someone tells me it's ok and I shouldn't worry about it! Thanx so much!! :)
unikitty

Postby cacahuate86 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:21 am

Women are so psychiologically vulnaerable to this whole weight issue and you're so very young still... you should not be worried about that. Eat healthy, stay active and don't think about your weight.
cacahuate86

Previous

Return to Fitness & Weight Loss