Squats

Squats

Postby kudawn » Mon May 15, 2017 8:11 am

Usually I just google everything, but this is one topic that gets me overwhelmed!
I hear squats can do wonders for the butt. But are there any alternatives to squats (preferably that take up the same amount of space, I'm a bit limited on space)?
The reason I'm asking is because I can't keep my feet flat on the floor to do them. I would really like to get in better shape! But everything I encounter seems to have squats in it, which makes me not want to do any of the workout because I can't do the squats. I also currently don't have access to a gym or equipment, so they'd have to be bodyweight exercises.
kudawn

Re: Squats

Postby Addy02 » Thu May 18, 2017 6:28 pm

Hi. You could try assisted squats by holding on to the back of a chair while you squat. Others hip thrusts, walking lunges and donkey kicks could be easier workout thay will still help build your booty. You can google any of the workouts I mentioned to view the correct form when doing them. Hope that helps 😊
Addy02

Postby kudawn » Thu May 18, 2017 7:28 pm

Thanks for replying! I didn't even know squats could be assisted like that! And I suppose the more I do it, the more my body will get used to it. I'll definitely look into those other things you mentioned as well :)
kudawn

Postby Jlaemmar » Wed May 24, 2017 3:40 pm

Hey,
It turns out that yes, squats can increase the muscle mass of your glutes, however it also increases the muscle mass of your legs. So you won't necessarily look like your booty alone has filled in. What you want is exercises that specifically target your glutes.
I suggest you YouTube search: Ashley Black heart shaped butt. She gives 4 simple exercises for your booty.
Good luck!
Jlaemmar

Postby Kribz » Thu May 25, 2017 7:34 am

Hi, I've also come across kneeling squats.its like normal squats but you're kneeling, you can add dumbbells for extra strength training
Kribz

Postby Tom_Girl » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:53 pm

Hi.. As you want to reduce your butt SUPERMANS will be much helpful for you. All you have to do is to lay down on a mat keeping your chest and stomach touching to ground and then raise your legs as well as hands at a same time. You'll start getting pressure on your lower back as well as around your butt. Do 1 repetition with 10 times first. Then start 1-2 repetition and increase it day to day.
Tom_Girl

Return to Fitness & Weight Loss