Ways To Lose GUT without Losing the Butt?

Ways To Lose GUT without Losing the Butt?

Postby Amanda_daville » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:13 am

I have been gaining some weight lately, and it's all in my stomach it seems. In the past, when I've worked out, it tends to take away my butt first and then other areas. I was wondering if anyone knows any ways to keep the gut fat down. Any workout routines I can do, or ways to eat to slim it some. It's the only target area. I really don't want to lose my butt in the process of trying to lose my gut, like in the past - so any advice is helpful. lol :lol:
Amanda_daville

Re: Ways To Lose GUT without Losing the Butt?

Postby Jezebelisgone » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:52 pm

I have the same problem but with my boobs. If I gain weight it always shows in my stomach first. When I start exercises I lose weight fairly quick but my boobs will drop a size or look smaller. Do healthy exercises on your belly regularly. Like sit ups, crunches, etc. like you would normally do but for your butt I strongly suggest doing butt exercises. You would be amazed how much difference you a*s will look whether it's fat or not, by doing SQUATS constantly. While you brush your teeth, studying, reading, watching TV, talk/text on phone, ANYTIME YOU CAN. Because when it comes down to it you should be working on firmness and toning. Not a big giant butt. Hope it helps!
Jezebelisgone

Postby TarJay » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:21 am

A friend of mine had huge butt and a chubby tummy. She did her regular and normal work out. She just did more leg and butt work out. Alot of squats!! . Her tummy went down and her butt went down alil too but nothing much. It was more firm and round though
TarJay

Postby Libra2684 » Sun May 22, 2016 7:55 am

Core workouts abs
Libra2684

Postby Ms.e » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:02 pm

Im just the opposite...i work out and my legs and butt bulk up. However, my waist gets smaller, but my tummy is the last to go.

What's ur diet looking like? If ur tummy looks like crap its because ur eating crap. I try to practice the 80/20 rule. Watch 80% if what u eat and the 20% won't break u. Cardio, cardio, cardio, at least 20 minutes a day. Oh...and Pinterest is my best friend when it comes to workouts...it has something for everyone.
Ms.e

Postby bunnypennyz » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:07 pm

Diet diet Diet! The best way too reduce tummy fat is through healthy foods. No sugar, no dairy, no saturated or trans fats. Eat lean protein and vegetables at every meal. Only 1-2 servings of fruit per day. Drink enough water (8 glasses or pay attention to the color of your urine, it should be pale pale yellow) also, don't overdue the cardio. 30 minutes a couple times a week is PLENTY. Between full leg day workouts (to keep that booty high and tight) don't ignore your upper body, and add some core training to your routine. Yoga, Pilates, and simple an workouts found on YouTube are great.
bunnypennyz

Postby Pheephee » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:35 pm

Same issue. I've lost weight thru daily exercise (including weights). First places that went was butt and boobs and it's not like they were huge in the first place. Gut seems to be hanging on and it's bugging the hell outta me cause it's like my waist is almost the same size as before I lost weight while everywhere else is noticeably toned n smaller. I can't eat perfect because it's too expensive but I have dropped juices and sodas but not getting enough veggies as I should. I simply cannot afford it. Veggies are expensive in my country and the options are narrow. What else can I do in terms of diet? I've been taking raw apple cider vinegar with my water daily. I'm 43 by the way so it's not as easy as in my 20s tho I do look great if I do say so myself
Pheephee

Return to Exercise