A good foundation?

A good foundation?

Postby Gabriellas99 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:18 am

I have combination skin but every foundation I wear leaves my face oily but my face is really dry and I can’t seem to find a foundation to cover my acne. Right now I am using Nars and it works good but after 3 hours I’m piling powder, I don’t know if I need to change my skin care routine and switch products. Any recommendations for skin care products for sensitive skin?
Gabriellas99

Re: A good foundation?

Postby Leydis » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:07 pm

Hey I’m a makeup artist and I was just like you until I tried Kat Von D foundation from sephora it costs $35 so its less expensive than Nars :)
Leydis

Postby GlamazonGoddess » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:19 pm

Skin care is important. You should always make that priority one. Search for skin care that's geared towards combo skin. If you don't use a primer, you definitely want to do to that n bring combo, you may want to use something mattifying, I use Becca pore refining and perfecting mattifying primer in my oily areas. If you are normal to dry in other areas you want to use something moisturizing. Something else that can help is using oil control or blotting powder under your foundation after putting your oil control primer on. There are good drug store options as well as high end. You do those things we normally can wear just about any foundation. It's all about skincare and prepping the skin for the makeup application. Hope this helps. I have combo oily skin. Let me know if you have any other questions.
GlamazonGoddess

Postby Dancingcheeto » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:57 am

I switched from powder to liquid foundation for a better acne cover up. I use Estée Lauder double wear liquid foundation, applied with a WET sponge (to get a “Dewey” and not shiny look), then put some cheap powder foundation on top to set. I have the greasiest face on the planet, and it seems to work for me. The Estée Lauder foundation is super expensive, but has proved to be a worthwhile beauty investment.
Dancingcheeto

Postby Mlong030714 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:08 pm

I sell Senegence products. I also have combo skin. I can tell you personally that my skin has never been clearer since I started using the foundation. If you want to order let me know.
Mlong030714

Postby Give_Grace_03 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:28 am

it cc+ cream. It is a cream foundation the best! Doesn't look like I'm wearing it! A bit pricey, so takes some saving for broke folk like me lol but not the worst for what it does it in one or sometimes half a pump does it for me 😉
Give_Grace_03

Postby Sommyso » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:19 pm

Thanks so helpful
Sommyso

Return to Make up