Best foundation?

Best foundation?

Postby Eva_18 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:18 am

I have tried the foundation of benefit and guerlain, and I wasn't very satisfied with both of them (they didn't compliment my complexion). Currently, I am using ysl 'Le teint touche eclat foundation.' It doesn't blend very well on my skin, but it is right shade for my skin.
I have a combination skin and fair skin.
So which foundation should I purchase that blends well and also goes along well with my skin color
Eva_18

Re: Best foundation?

Postby Lili37 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:22 am

Have you tried any drugstore brands? Try maybelline and L'oreal both offer over 20 shades. I'm sure you can find something. Also invest in a beautyblender and morphe foundation brush.
Lili37

Postby Erikasmt » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:01 am

My holy grail foundations are Mac studio fix fluid and Estée Lauder Double Wear. I own many and I honestly always reach for these two! If you want to try a drug store the L'Oréal Infallible is really good! As well as True Match.
Btw I have combination skin!
Erikasmt

Postby Sweetlime » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:11 am

The L'oreal Infallible demi-matte is the one I tend to wear when I opt for foundation (I usually don't because I can't be bothered). I had gone to a Sephora to get color matched and for my oily skin I was suggested the tarte amazonian clay foundation but after seeing professional photos of myself after an event, I noticed the color was off and it made me look pasty. So I went to the drugstore and color matched myself :)

The Double Wear is great for combo/oily skin but it's full coverage.
Sweetlime

Postby Unparallelbeauty » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:17 am

Try the Mac face and body foundation for everyday wear. Use double coat if you want extra coverage.It is really a good one and works on my skin nicely.I have combination skin.
Unparallelbeauty

Postby SaraLove19XX » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:24 am

If you're only issue with the foundation is it not blending well, try mixing it with a moisturizer. It should still match your skin tone and blend easier! (:
SaraLove19XX

Postby Katli » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:32 pm

Hi ladies, are any of you from South Africa? If there are any ladies, there's a makeup and beauty workshop next month on the 20th of May at a lodge in Midrand. if you are interested.
Katli

Postby Kitzy22 » Sat May 20, 2017 4:29 pm

Hey hun , my skin type is combination and I really enjoy Lancôme foundation. They have many shades and I found a perfect match. Also if you are a bit oily use milk of magnesia underneath your oily areas . It will help you stay matte . It's a trick I used in makeup school . 😊
Kitzy22

Postby Ichigorei » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:02 pm

Hi so this is my first posting. But I recommend Too Faced foundation. It spreads really well, keeps your face well hydrated and you get full coverage. They do have different shades. Just always remember to get 1 shade darker than your skin tone so your face won't be two different tones. You could also use a primer before you put your foundation. And there's also Clinique foundations, that one works really well to. Comes in a variety of shades.
Ichigorei

Postby Bodypositive1215 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:22 pm

I'm very pale too. Your best bet is RCMA individual foundation in porcelain. It's a plant wax based foundation so you have to heat it up on the back of your hand before applying but it's very buildable. It's the brand all Pros use
Bodypositive1215

Return to Make up