Best foundation?

Best foundation?

Postby Eva_18 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:18 am

I have tried the foundation of benefit and guerlain, and I wasn't very satisfied with both of them (they didn't compliment my complexion). Currently, I am using ysl 'Le teint touche eclat foundation.' It doesn't blend very well on my skin, but it is right shade for my skin.
I have a combination skin and fair skin.
So which foundation should I purchase that blends well and also goes along well with my skin color
Eva_18

Re: Best foundation?

Postby Lili37 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:22 am

Have you tried any drugstore brands? Try maybelline and L'oreal both offer over 20 shades. I'm sure you can find something. Also invest in a beautyblender and morphe foundation brush.
Lili37

Postby Erikasmt » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:01 am

My holy grail foundations are Mac studio fix fluid and Estée Lauder Double Wear. I own many and I honestly always reach for these two! If you want to try a drug store the L'Oréal Infallible is really good! As well as True Match.
Btw I have combination skin!
Erikasmt

Postby Sweetlime » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:11 am

The L'oreal Infallible demi-matte is the one I tend to wear when I opt for foundation (I usually don't because I can't be bothered). I had gone to a Sephora to get color matched and for my oily skin I was suggested the tarte amazonian clay foundation but after seeing professional photos of myself after an event, I noticed the color was off and it made me look pasty. So I went to the drugstore and color matched myself :)

The Double Wear is great for combo/oily skin but it's full coverage.
Sweetlime

Postby Unparallelbeauty » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:17 am

Try the Mac face and body foundation for everyday wear. Use double coat if you want extra coverage.It is really a good one and works on my skin nicely.I have combination skin.
Unparallelbeauty

Postby SaraLove19XX » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:24 am

If you're only issue with the foundation is it not blending well, try mixing it with a moisturizer. It should still match your skin tone and blend easier! (:
SaraLove19XX

Postby Katli » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:32 pm

Hi ladies, are any of you from South Africa? If there are any ladies, there's a makeup and beauty workshop next month on the 20th of May at a lodge in Midrand. if you are interested.
Katli

Postby Kitzy22 » Sat May 20, 2017 4:29 pm

Hey hun , my skin type is combination and I really enjoy Lancôme foundation. They have many shades and I found a perfect match. Also if you are a bit oily use milk of magnesia underneath your oily areas . It will help you stay matte . It's a trick I used in makeup school . 😊
Kitzy22

Return to Make up