55%
Islam
44%
Judaism
1%

Total votes : 139

Re: Religions..Confused

Postby cacahuate86 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:00 pm

No. The only place he is specifically mentioned is in the apocrypha in the gospel of barnabas. But barnabas was added in the renaissance, so that was loooong after Muhammad lived. It's a bogus text.

Luther and Calvin interpreted him has the false prophet and the antichrist respectively within the context of the bible. But the reformation was insane anyway. Protestants have more than a few screws loose concerning that (and many other) topics. Not that any of the other denominations are much better.
And Eulogius of Cordova argued that Muhammad was the Fourth Beast in the prophesy of the four kingdoms of Daniel.
cacahuate86

Postby lol_kitty » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:16 pm

cacahuate86 wrote:
lol_kitty wrote:
cacahuate86 wrote:What's really worrying to me is that half these posts link to some bs youtube preacher. Is that really how kids are getting their religious education these days?

Many children and adults get their religious education in different ways. Some may enjoy preachers on YouTube. Others may like their own personal devotion and studying the Bible for them selves. Others take Sunday preaching and go deeper into the Bible to see stuff for them selves. There are many ways people educate them selves about God. I'm not going to go into detail because there are many religions out there that have wrong interpretations of God.

But yes, lots of people do that ig. I personally don't watch preachers on YouTube.

"Enjoy" preachers on youtube? That last search suggestion was to a legit Wahhabist fundamentalist (those are the ones funding Islamic terrorism!) who is banned in most countries. And the christian videos posted here are all criminals of some kind. With all due respect (which is dwindling with each of your profoundly ignorant comments), but these men (isn't it funny how they're ALWAYS men?) are NOT people children should be advised to listen to regarding their religious education.

Oh well I didn't watch them lol was referring to Christians not Islam or Muslim or those other things. But yah Idk what other religions like to do
lol_kitty

Postby Yukino114 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:29 pm

cacahuate86 wrote:No. The only place he is specifically mentioned is in the apocrypha in the gospel of barnabas. But barnabas was added in the renaissance, so that was loooong after Muhammad lived. It's a bogus text.

Luther and Calvin interpreted him has the false prophet and the antichrist respectively within the context of the bible. But the reformation was insane anyway. Protestants have more than a few screws loose concerning that (and many other) topics. Not that any of the other denominations are much better.
And Eulogius of Cordova argued that Muhammad was the Fourth Beast in the prophesy of the four kingdoms of Daniel.

Oh ok. Thank you very much for the reply. Learned a lot😄 i did come across the gospel of barnabas recently, wasn't sure if it was a hoax or not. Thanks for clarifying.

Seriously tho, i can't take the name barnabas seriously because thats my uncle's name😂
Yukino114

Postby cacahuate86 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:33 pm

Barnabas was actually a very interesting guy. He just didn't write that gospel 😉
cacahuate86

Postby flopsy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:18 pm

Yukino114 wrote:I have a question.
In the Quran, there is a verse where Jesus announces to his followers the coming of a prophet after him (Prophet Muhammad).

Jesus, the son of Mary, said, "A messenger will come after me, and his name shall be Ahmed." [Holy Quran 61:6]

Is there a verse in the bible in relation to this?

Mark 1:7 John the Baptist said "There cometh one mightier than I after me, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to stoop down and loose." John the Baptist was referring to Jesus.
Matthew 3:11 John the Baptist is speaking again concerning Jesus.
"I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire.
flopsy

Postby Anosha » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:46 pm

Yiu can follow any religion you wish…but ponder over it go through both religions that yiu are inclined to follow and the follow the one that you wish. But I would like to enlighten you that the the prophet wasnt a pedophile he married the woman when she puberty and in islam a person can get married when they reach puberty. Every country, every state has its own rules for example in Texas boys/ girls can get married when they turn 14 so are they pedophiles as well. Also there were advantages of thier marriage…Hazrat Aisha was a very smart lady she has narrated so many ahadith(saying/doings) of the prophet. The prophet is an example for his followers apart from the weddings can anyone question anyone of his doings all of his doings were for the betterment of the people and the world. Even his marriages were for social and economical reforms.
Hope that answers the question. But whatever you do, do a thorough research.
Anosha

Postby cacahuate86 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:09 pm

1) being 9 and being 14 are two entirely different scenarios when it comes to s*x.
2) yes. any adult wanting to sleep with a 14 year old probably has a bit of pedophile problem. Anyone wanting to sleep with a 9 year old is DEFINITELY a pedophile.

Also, she wasn't a lady. She was a child. Even if she could read and write and he couldn't. She was still a child. And it doesn't matter that child brides are STILL a thing in the Middle East to this day, it doesn't matter that it was a custom to marry off some girls that young back in the day - for whatever reason, it doesn't matter that Mary getting pregnant at 12 wasn't something that was unheard of in Israel 2000 years ago, none of that matters. What matters is that TODAY you gross, disgusting people are worshipping these men and prophets and gods who raped children. Children who were in no position, even back then, to give consent. Children who were sold off by their parents to be raped. And you worship the men who bought and raped them. That's the bottom line. If that's the kind of evil you want to follow - and that goes for Christians and Muslims and Jews (who aren't any better... anyone remember Lot being a righteous Jew by offering his daughters to be raped?) alike - be my guest. But be very aware of the fact that you are supporting this simply for your own salvation. I hope you never find yourselves in the situation in which you have to choose between your daughters being raped or you going to heaven. Not for your own sake, but for your daughters' sakes. Because it is clear what you selfish, awful people would choose.
Last edited by cacahuate86 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cacahuate86

Postby cacahuate86 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:26 pm

flopsy wrote:
In the Quran, there is a verse where Jesus announces to his followers the coming of a prophet after him (Prophet Muhammad).

Jesus, the son of Mary, said, "A messenger will come after me, and his name shall be Ahmed." [Holy Quran 61:6]

Mark 1:7 John the Baptist said "There cometh one mightier than I after me, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to stoop down and loose." John the Baptist was referring to Jesus.
"I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire.
He's not talking about Muhammad though. The bible doesn't mention him.
cacahuate86

Postby flopsy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:22 am

cacahuate86 wrote:
flopsy wrote:

He's not talking about Muhammad though. The bible doesn't mention him.

No. John the Baptist was referring to Jesus, not Muhammad.
flopsy

Postby flopsy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:58 am

cacahuate86 wrote:Someone needs to explain the jealousy thing.
1) is there more than one god?
2) if there isn't more than one god, why would he be jealous that they are worshipping something that doesn't exist?

There is one God. There are many gods such as Baal, Diana, Athena, Ashteroth, Ra, Zeus, Thor, just to name a few of the hundreds of "gods". These were all idols made of wood, stone, metals, that people worshipped, prayed, and offered sacrifices to. Some of these false gods required human sacrifices, and many innocent children were offered unto them.
Exodus 20:1-5a And God spake all these words, saying, I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God,
flopsy

PreviousNext

Return to Teen Social