Religions..Confused

Christianity, Islam or Judaism?

Christianity
50
60%
Islam
31
37%
Judaism
2
2%
 
Total votes : 83

Re: Religions..Confused

Postby lol_kitty » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:34 am

unikitty wrote:Listen, do what you believe is right. I'm not saying anything against Christianity, but how can you expect God to be peaceful and kind to those people, those creatures, of His that disobey Him, associate partners with Him and do not believe in His Prophets and Books? He is merciful, the most merciful but everything has a limit. He is so forgiving that despite all the people that disobey, He still hasn't punished them. Another example of His forgiveness is: when a human thinks of a sinful act, the angels ask God if they should write it down. God says not yet. Then when or if a person does that act, the angels ask if they should write it down. God says no, maybe that person will repent, ask forgiveness. When the person does not do that, then God allows the angels to write the deed down.
Also, I recommend reading the whole translation of the holy book, the Quran which is the only one of the five holy books which has not been changed. It'sverses have not been cchanged nor has its meanings. Also, try thinking of the main theme or the main thing that each Quranicpassage is telling you. HHope it helps. And I hope God Almighty will guide you. If you would like more help and advice from me, feel free to ask :)

I'm sorry but I have to totally disagree with this bcuz first of all if you got that information form the Quran then that's not Christianity. Also God does not let our bad deeds go unpunished. However that doesn't mean our punishment has to be losing a loved one or getting our legs cut off but when we sin there are consequences to our acts the God has to put forth so we know not to do them again. Second God's love has no limits. His grace has no limits.. He has no limits. Everything about God is perfect. No flaws. Of course if or when a Christian marries a non Christian... that usually does not go well be cuz those who serve God do everything for him while the spouse who does not serve God does things for himself which causes the marriage to be corrupt. I KNOW I went off topic and my sentences are scattered but I just had to say this so no one gets confused (even tho many will and are confused now) but I hope I helped with something and may the Lord bless and guide you all through His righteousness!
lol_kitty
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:13 pm

Re: Religions..Confused

Postby Give_Grace_03 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:39 am

lol_kitty wrote:
unikitty wrote:Listen, do what you believe is right. I'm not saying anything against Christianity, but how can you expect God to be peaceful and kind to those people, those creatures, of His that disobey Him, associate partners with Him and do not believe in His Prophets and Books? He is merciful, the most merciful but everything has a limit. He is so forgiving that despite all the people that disobey, He still hasn't punished them. Another example of His forgiveness is: when a human thinks of a sinful act, the angels ask God if they should write it down. God says not yet. Then when or if a person does that act, the angels ask if they should write it down. God says no, maybe that person will repent, ask forgiveness. When the person does not do that, then God allows the angels to write the deed down.
Also, I recommend reading the whole translation of the holy book, the Quran which is the only one of the five holy books which has not been changed. It'sverses have not been cchanged nor has its meanings. Also, try thinking of the main theme or the main thing that each Quranicpassage is telling you. HHope it helps. And I hope God Almighty will guide you. If you would like more help and advice from me, feel free to ask :)

I'm sorry but I have to totally disagree with this bcuz first of all if you got that information form the Quran then that's not Christianity. Also God does not let our bad deeds go unpunished. However that doesn't mean our punishment has to be losing a loved one or getting our legs cut off but when we sin there are consequences to our acts the God has to put forth so we know not to do them again. Second God's love has no limits. His grace has no limits.. He has no limits. Everything about God is perfect. No flaws. Of course if or when a Christian marries a non Christian... that usually does not go well be cuz those who serve God do everything for him while the spouse who does not serve God does things for himself which causes the marriage to be corrupt. I KNOW I went off topic and my sentences are scattered but I just had to say this so no one gets confused (even tho many will and are confused now) but I hope I helped with something and may the Lord bless and guide you all through His righteousness!

lol_kitty, I couldn't have said it better myself. I agree God is Just but he is also Gracious and Good
Give_Grace_03
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:23 am

Re: Religions..Confused

Postby lol_kitty » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:42 am

cacahuate86 wrote:Right...
Well, if you have paid at least a little attention to the lessons that you work so hard to ignore, you will have heard the term "mitochondrial DNA" or mtDNA, right?
mtDNA is inherited only from the mother and without recombination. Every few generations, a random mutation creeps into this familial signature. So comparison of two samples of mtDNA will show degrees of kinship and ancestral origin. And that research can trace the origin of homo sapiens (matrilineally and unbroken) to around 200,000 years ago in Africa.
That's actually evidence-based. There is proper scientific research and proof behind this. Something that "God buried dino bones to drive scientists crazy" or some such bs decidedly doesn't have. At all.
Anyway, your 60,000 years are way off... (btw. Kent Hovind thinks Earth is younger than 10,000 years. So, you don't agree with him on everything after all. ;) )

The earth is about 6,000 years according to the Bible. I don't know if the movie is still out but I recommend watching the movie/documentary called Genesis. It talks about the earth from a scientific and biblical standpoint.
lol_kitty
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:13 pm

Re: Religions..Confused

Postby Yukino114 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:13 am

I totally disagree with that.

A man came to the Prophet and asked "was Adam a prophet?" He said "Yes, God spoke to him.". The man asked "what was the time difference between Adam and Noah?" He said "10 centuries."


And don't forget people before us lived WAAAAY longer than we did. Noah lived for 950 years.
Yukino114
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:05 pm

Re: Religions..Confused

Postby cacahuate86 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:22 pm

It's almost laughable how you present that as though it was fact 😂
Nobody ever lived that long... not even george the galapagos turtle.
There are trees that clone themselves and are that old, but Noah is likely just a metaphorical representstion of more than one person, possibly a lineage of people. Also, keep in mind that people in the past lived -completely contrary to your statement - considerably shorter lives than we do today. So, someone who lived past 50 would have been considered ancient 6000 years ago.
User avatar
cacahuate86
 
Posts: 2453
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:35 am

Re: Religions..Confused

Postby Yukino114 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:16 pm

cacahuate86 wrote:It's almost laughable how you present that as though it was fact 😂
Nobody ever lived that long... not even george the galapagos turtle.
There are trees that clone themselves and are that old, but Noah is likely just a metaphorical representstion of more than one person, possibly a lineage of people. Also, keep in mind that people in the past lived -completely contrary to your statement - considerably shorter lives than we do today. So, someone who lived past 50 would have been considered ancient 6000 years ago.


How old do you think the earth is then?
Yukino114
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:05 pm

Re: Religions..Confused

Postby cacahuate86 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:20 pm

4.5 billon years. Give or take fifty million.
User avatar
cacahuate86
 
Posts: 2453
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:35 am

Re: Religions..Confused

Postby cacahuate86 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:06 pm

flopsy wrote:I think I understand how the DNA "works"; I don't understand how the mtDNA mutations would be suffiecient to be able to trace a lineage back so far if it is only in the females. Some families for example might not have any direct female offspring due to high infant mortality or other factors. What if a woman only had sons? How long does DNA actually stay viable after death?

Okay, so this is really complex. First the easy part: nuclear DNA is inherited from both the father and the mother. And that results in "new" DNA, that's uniquely yours but a recombination of both your parents' DNA. Also, stuff like crossing-over and the likes can happen that'll rearrange the DNA in the nucleus.
mtDNA is not in the nucleus, it's in the mitochondria and those are only inherited from the mother. And that means that there is no recombination happening. Since there is no mixture with whatever your father gave you, it doesn't change at all. It's just given to you in the exact form that your mother has and you passed it on to your children in the exact same form. Your daughters will pass it on to their children an so on. Your sons have it, too, but they won't pass it on. They'll pass on their Y-chromosomal DNA, but that's a different story altogether.
And also, there is no crossing over happening in mtDNA.
AND it's really short. Much, much shorter than the nuclear DNA, it's circular and there is no repeat sequence.
So, for those reasons, the sequence of mtDNA stays the same and entirely recongnizable over endless generations (unless of course, as you've pointed out, the female lineage is broken.)
And every living humang being on earth can in fact trace their mtDNA back to one common ancestor, who lived approx. 150 000 - 200 000 years ago in Africa. She's called... fittingly... Eve :) But.. that Eve is of course not the biblical Eve. It can't be. The definition of mtEve is fixed, but the woman in prehistory who fits this definition can change, when a mother-daughter line comes to an end. It follows from the definition of mtEve that she had at least two daughters who both have unbroken female lineages that have survived to this day. In every generation mitochondrial lineages end – when a woman with unique mtDNA dies with no daughters. When the mitochondrial lineages of daughters of mtEve die out, then the title of "mtEve" shifts forward from the remaining daughter through her matrilineal descendants, until the first descendant is reached who had two or more daughters who together have all living humans as their matrilineal descendants.
But the big question is of course, HOW can it be traced back this far and geographically accurate?
So, what they did is that they extracted mtDNA from the placenta of all kinds of women from all over the world and analyzed it via restriction fragment length polymorphism. Then they organized the mtDNAs according to their similiarities on a family tree and determined the roots of that tree. From those roots, two main brances branched out: one of which only had Africans on it and the other people from all continents (including Africa). From that, you can determine that mtEve has to have lived in Africa.
And then they determined, with the help of a molecular clock, when mtEve lived. They already had data of mtDNA from fish and birds and other mammals. And from that data they knew that mtDNA changes at a rate of around 2-4% per million years and the extracted human mtDNA only differed on average .57% from each other. And the result was that mtEve lived around 200 000 ago.
Now, it's unlikely that the lineage of an expanding population can be fixed, so mtDNA must have lived before the ancestors of all living human beings left Africa. That is a clear hint that the Out of Africa theory is a much more likely scenario than the multiregional origin hypothesis (for which mtEve would have had to have been around 2 million years old - when homo erectus left Africa - not 200 000 when homo sapiens did.)
User avatar
cacahuate86
 
Posts: 2453
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:35 am

Re: Religions..Confused

Postby lol_kitty » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:52 am

Yukino114 wrote:I totally disagree with that.

A man came to the Prophet and asked "was Adam a prophet?" He said "Yes, God spoke to him.". The man asked "what was the time difference between Adam and Noah?" He said "10 centuries."

And don't forget people before us lived WAAAAY longer than we did. Noah lived for 950 years.

Who's the man that came to the prophet?
Who's the Prophet?
When did the conversation take place?
And how did that prophet know the time between Adam and Noah was 10 centuries.
And where did you get this info?
I'm just curious 🤔


But yes people in Bible times did live for a long time but that doesn't mean the earth is billions of years old. Plus I mean look at the world now.. it's crazy and horrible...it couldn't last a million years...people are too crazy lol
lol_kitty
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:13 pm

Re: Religions..Confused

Postby lol_kitty » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:57 am

Also the reason we don't live that long now is because it was after the Flood God shortened our life span to a max of 120 so we wouldn't live longer than that to do horrible corrupted sinful things. Notice no one has even reached past 120 years old.
lol_kitty
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:13 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Teen Social

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Fangirl_of_the_west and 2 guests