I need help

I need help

Postby PaigeEndless » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:20 pm

I've been with my boyfriend for a few months now, we meet through my best friend who was dating his best friend at the time. They recently broke up as she wasn't happy in the relationship. He treats me amazingly. He's loyal, understanding, loving, kind and exactly what I want. However, I'm not attracted to him at all. I get all happy when he compliments me over text but in person I don't feel the same. He's a strawberry blonde, and nothing against blondes but I've never been attracted to one ever. I'm more attracted to his best friend than him. I think I might be falling for his best friend, who is hopelessly in love with my best friend. He makes me laugh and is just as weird as me. I get along amazingly with him and am really attracted to him. I probably sound like a bad person but I think more about him than my boyfriend. I normally go to my bestie but I feel to awkward in this situation. I really need advice and help.
PaigeEndless

Re: I need help

Postby 2018Princesa38 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:40 pm

Hi☺ If you are not interested in the current guy that you are dating that it is definitely not a good idea to continue the relationship. Be kind and end it. After all, would you want someone to do that to you?
As far as your feelings towards the other guy, you have to let those feelings go. He is dating your friend and out respect for her you should limit or even avoid time with him. Put yourself in her shoes! Remember the golden rule never fails: "All things that you want others do to you, you must also do to them".
2018Princesa38

Postby PaigeEndless » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:38 pm

2018Princesa38 wrote:Hi☺ If you are not interested in the current guy that you are dating that it is definitely not a good idea to continue the relationship. Be kind and end it. After all, would you want someone to do that to you?
As far as your feelings towards the other guy, you have to let those feelings go. He is dating your friend and out respect for her you should limit or even avoid time with him. Put yourself in her shoes! Remember the golden rule never fails: "All things that you want others do to you, you must also do to them".

Thanks for your advice, I understand I should break up with him and I will. However my best friend doesn't love him and a few hours ago he said he liked me more than a friend. He said he got along well with me and I really understood him. I'm not sure how to respond. I really like him and want to be with him but I don't think I could do that to my boyfriend.
PaigeEndless

Postby 2018Princesa38 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:39 am

Tough one. Whatever decision you make I hope it turns out well and I sincerely hope that you and everyone else involve will find happiness☺.
2018Princesa38

Postby Girl guide » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:42 am

Hi. I can't say I understand your situation but if you do not love the guy your dating then let him go. Your leading him on, would you like if someone did that to you? I think not. I'm not trying to be rude. You have to let him go as much as it may hurt him, getting more serious in the relationship and that telling him you don't love him will crush him. As for your situation with your friends boy friend. You must leave him alone. Guys come and go but friends are forever. You need to be respectful to your friend and tell her that he said he liked you as more that just a friend, I'm not saying that she needs to break up with him but she needs to talk to him about them and where that stand. Pls think about your choices. If you take her boyfriend that's all you'll ever be, once he has had enough of you that's it, you'll be left with no friend or boyfriend. Once again I'm to trying to sound rude but just think about the consequences.
Girl guide

Postby PaigeEndless » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:05 pm

Girl guide wrote:Hi. I can't say I understand your situation but if you do not love the guy your dating then let him go. Your leading him on, would you like if someone did that to you? I think not. I'm not trying to be rude. You have to let him go as much as it may hurt him, getting more serious in the relationship and that telling him you don't love him will crush him. As for your situation with your friends boy friend. You must leave him alone. Guys come and go but friends are forever. You need to be respectful to your friend and tell her that he said he liked you as more that just a friend, I'm not saying that she needs to break up with him but she needs to talk to him about them and where that stand. Pls think about your choices. If you take her boyfriend that's all you'll ever be, once he has had enough of you that's it, you'll be left with no friend or boyfriend. Once again I'm to trying to sound rude but just think about the consequences.

I'm going to break up with him. The thing is my friend has broken up with him already, like a month ago. I'm no longer able to see her as her mum believes I'm a bad influence on her. I've talked to her and she told me she's fine with him moving on, as she's already looking for someone else. Even if it is with me. I really like him and he likes me too however I feel bad breaking up with my boyfriend than dating his best friend. I just hope there's no bad feelings between them.
PaigeEndless

Postby LiliS13 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:07 am

Hey, I would say wait. Break up with your current boyfriend if you haven’t already and then wait for him to get over you. Then talk to him, tell him you and his friend really like each other and sort of ask him for his blessing I guess. If he accepts, everything’s good, if he doesn’t, I guess you can just date his friend anyway but be ready to face the consequences (them not being friends anymore and all that).
LiliS13

Return to Teen Social