On the pill, I want my period but I’ve had unprotected s*x

On the pill, I want my period but I’ve had unprotected s*x

Postby Daisy1233 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:39 pm

So, I’m on the pill, I’ve been on it for about 2months now, I’ve never had unprotected s*x on the pill. My boyfriend and I had unprotected s*x yesterday and he ejaculated in me, I’ve continued to take my pill today, but I haven’t had my period in a month and I want to have it this week. So do I have to take the pill for 7 days after unprotected s*x before I allow myself to have my period to be safe from getting pregnant or can I wait 3-4 days and be able to have my period. Can someone please help.
Daisy1233

Re: On the pill, I want my period but I’ve had unprotected s

Postby CountryStrong97 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:58 pm

When on the pill, after 7 days of starting to take it (when you first got on it) it comes into effect. Since you've been on it for 2 months, there's no chance you're pregnant. So no worries there. Every kind of birth control messes up your period cycle some and some even take away your period all together (which is why women love them). Don't worry. If you continue to stress it just call your doctor and say you have a few questions.
CountryStrong97

Postby Daisy1233 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:49 am

Thank you! But should I still wait a few more days before I decide to ovulate and have my period? Because apparently you can still get pregnant within 7 days?
Daisy1233

Postby CountryStrong97 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:32 pm

No. You just take your pills as you usually would. You can only get pregnant The 7 days that you start your very first pack. As long as you're taking them at the same time everyday then you're protected
CountryStrong97

Postby Kati-91 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:59 pm

Hi, you don’t ovulate when you are on the pill, it stops your body from producing mature eggs. The pill contains the hormones oestrogen or progesterone, the bleeding you’re experiencing within the 7 days of not taking your pill is a withdrawal bleeding from your body not getting those hormones. I wish girls would receive information about the pill before getting it prescribed..
I also didn’t get much information as a teen.
Kati-91

Return to Relationship with Parents