How do I Tell my Religious Parents I'm Depressed

Re: How do I Tell my Religious Parents I'm Depressed

Postby Moosey » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:40 am

Doggieshe- does this self harming go deeper than depression? I am getting the feeling that there is more than you've posted- meaning some physical and or sexual abuse has happened to you which is causing the depression and self harm. If wrong sorry. But self harming and some form of abuse can go hand in hand. If this is true- you are not alone and there is help out there.
Moosey

Postby doggieshe » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:16 pm

I have never had physical or sexual abuse affect me. I have been bullied a few times before, but it's all just words. The words hurt though, my family can bring me down also, I'm almost 100% positive that my little brother is the favorite child out of me and him. And friends can say stuff that they don't realize hurts. So mental abuse maybe but nothing physical.
doggieshe

Postby Moosey » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:21 am

Ok- no sexual? Hmm. Love yourself enough not to hurt yourself. Your brother may be favorite- I can relate to you. My sister and brother were totally favored and given more when I was a kid. It was obvious- it actually made me act out. But- I made a decision that I was out of house as soon as I could. You can't control your parents behavior but you can control yours. Set some goals for yourself- and make it happen. Words do hurt. But so does self harming right? And these bullies win when you do this to yourself. You have lousy friends?- get rid of them. If you have one good friend- you are blessed. And I can tell you- that you will never have to see these people again once you are grown. Stand up for yourself- tell them to go f$&@ off. When they realize you aren't affected they will move on. If you are on social media(which I hate) cancel your accounts- if they are targeting you online.
Moosey

Postby doggieshe » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:55 am

I just wanted to thank everybody, these messages have helped a lot and I can proudly say I'm a week clean. I know it's not that long but it sure does feel like it. So thanks everybody for all the support. :-) ♥
doggieshe

Postby Moosey » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:31 am

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻. Good for you! Keep it up- and when you feel that you will hurt yourself- write down your feelings on paper. Let it pass. You can do it. You are wonderful- don't let your family make you feel different. Seriously- plan how you can support yourself when you are 18. You will have a choice. Take it. I did and thank God everyday I escaped. I would have been dead. I knew it then and know it now. It was my determination to get out that saved me. You owe them nothing! Nothing! Don't let them win
Moosey

Postby Ccaicedo » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:59 pm

How are you doing now? I agree with prayer and keeping occupied. I too have suffered from depression for a long time although more as a teen and young adult. Now I can say that I haven't had a bad depression in about 10 years. It gets better but not on its own. I can tell you that it definitely helped to confide in my good friends but even when I didn't want to tell them I was depressed I just hung out a lot. I kept busy. I went out with them. Even when they weren't available I forced myself to get out of bed and go walking. Now that I'm older I keep depression and anxiety away through prayer and exercise. When I was younger it did get so bad one time (I was young and didn't realize how bad it was getting and I allowed it to get so bad before getting help), that I needed medication and psychotherapy. Seek professional help if you can. God bless.
Ccaicedo

Postby cookiemon02 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:38 pm

Hi there. I was exactly where you are now about two years ago. I was in constant sadness and hopeless and wanted to talk to someone about my feeling. My parents are religious and that did worry me a little bit. When I told my mom how I was feeling and that I thought I had depression, I stressed that this is not something that I felt could be resolved with a 20 conversation with a priest. I wanted to speak with a professional. I think she got the message from outward signs coming from me and our family's history with mental illness. If you really are worried about what your parents will say, start with our friend. I've learned through my own experiences that when one beats mental illness, they are very caring of others who are suffering. Also try the free app 7 cups of tea. Just know that relief will come for you and that depression CAN be treated. If you have self harmed you should definitely talk to someone. I know it hurts to share what you feel but I promise it will make you feel so so much better. I'll pray for you! You CAN make it through this. You will look back and realize how strong you were.
cookiemon02

Postby FlorFalero » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:17 pm

Yahusha's ("Jesus" in Hebrew) sacrifice healed us of everything and gave us everything we need. You just have to walk in authority. In the name of Yahusha cast out the spirit of depression and of anxiety, send them to dry uninhabited places and loose the fruits of the Holy Spirit over you. Fruits of peace, fruits of love, etc. LISTEN TO THESE PODCASTS. # 25

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/del ... 0368867008
FlorFalero

Postby FlorFalero » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:19 pm

It didn't post right the first time so just copy and paste and then remove the space between the .com
FlorFalero

Postby Vienty19 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:30 am

Hi! Don't you try to be more close with your god? Pray to your god can make your heart feel more comfortable and relax
Vienty19

PreviousNext

Return to Relationship with Parents