I don't think my mom understands me

Re: I don't think my mom understands me

Postby Moosey » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:22 pm

Tell her your not trying to fit in with everyone- that you are trying to fit in with yourself. This decision is based solely on what you want- you are a young lady and want to do this for yourself- not to blend in. Sounds like mom doesn't quite see that you are growing up- my husband cannot see that my daughter is growing up. He doesn't want to let go. Tell her your still her girl- and your not doing this for boys ect. That might help. Also- sometimes instead of talking- it helps to write a letter. Sometimes we can talk over each other and our ears aren't open. But if you left her a letter one day- explaining- she could read it and maybe be able to process your feelings. Explain that you respect her- but she is putting her own desires on you. She was able to choose- you want to choose.
Moosey

Postby Lisa171717 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:30 pm

Hi, I do it from 2 years. Just tell her that it's embarrassing you when you want to wear skirts or shorts.
Lisa171717

Postby lynn103 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:16 am

Moosey wrote:Tell her your not trying to fit in with everyone- that you are trying to fit in with yourself. This decision is based solely on what you want- you are a young lady and want to do this for yourself- not to blend in. Sounds like mom doesn't quite see that you are growing up- my husband cannot see that my daughter is growing up. He doesn't want to let go. Tell her your still her girl- and your not doing this for boys ect. That might help. Also- sometimes instead of talking- it helps to write a letter. Sometimes we can talk over each other and our ears aren't open. But if you left her a letter one day- explaining- she could read it and maybe be able to process your feelings. Explain that you respect her- but she is putting her own desires on you. She was able to choose- you want to choose.

That sounds like such a great idea Moosey!I'll have to try that. All of my friends shave their legs..and we're also going to the beach next month... I appreciate you answering my questions and giving me advise!
lynn103

Postby Moosey » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:22 am

Good luck dear-write that letter. Tell her you love her. Tell her you know she loves you. But you love you too. And this is solely for you. No accusations- that will shut her down. πŸ€
Moosey

Postby lynn103 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:24 am

You just made me cry....it's nice to know that someone cares enough to answer my questions! Thank you Moosey, from the bottom of my heart! I'll let you know how it goes, if you want me to. Thanks again! πŸŒΌπŸŒ»πŸŒΉπŸŒΈπŸ‘πŸ‘ŒπŸ’ͺ☺❀
lynn103

Postby Moosey » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:15 am

Good luck hun!😘. And your welcome. People care about you dear- you need to see it. Right now you don't think mom cares- but she does. Pour your heart out to her. Don't compare to other girls. She may not immediately bend on it- but she will start thinking about it. If you do it right. Then maybe one day she will come home with a razor and shaving cream. This is for you- no one else. Not for boys or your friends. Because you have the desire and this is a normal desire to feel feminine. You have thought of both sides of the issue and want to try it. A small choice in life that she had. And maybe you will feel the way she does after you try it- but you will never know until you have the choice. Please let me know what happens. Don't yell- that ends a conversation.
Moosey

Postby lynn103 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:12 pm

Thank you Moosey! I'll write that letter! I love writing letters;I express myself better that way! β˜ΊπŸ˜‰
lynn103

Postby lynn103 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:53 am

So Moosey, I took your advise and wrote that letter, and I'd like to see what you'd think of your daughter writing it to you (because you're a mom and all πŸ˜‰)

Mom,
I know that we've talked about this, and that you may get upset with me for bringing this up again, but I need to tell you where I'm coming from.

I want to shave my legs for me, so I can feel pretty and I can feel good about myself. I want to del good wearing shorts, skirts, or swimsuits.

I don't want to do it for other people, I want to do it for me. I'm not trying to fit in with everyone.

You got to make this small choice for yourself, I'd like to make it for myself as well. Who knows, maybe I won't like shaving, but that'll be on me, not you.
I will even buy my own shaving stuff!

Please consider what I have said.
Love, Lynn

What do you think?

I also wrote a poem but I'm not sure about it. Please let me know what you think, and I also need help with the last line of the poem if you don't mind.

My legs I feel, they are so furry
You jot letting me shave is causing a flurry.
I want to feel good wearing shorts, skirts and a swimsuit,
It's not like I'm causing a lawsuit!
So please consider what I have said. ........ (I need help with the last line!)

Is the poem too cheesy or unnecessary?
I'd appreciate any advise!
🌸🌹🌻🌼πŸ’ͺπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘β€πŸ’Ÿ
lynn103

Postby lynn103 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:54 am

*feel*
lynn103

Postby flopsy » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:02 am

Before I go crazy in my head

Let it run again through your head.