My parents don't love each other'

My parents don't love each other'

Postby cariadgrace » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:42 pm

My parents pretty much argue 24/7 and they always talk about getting a divorce. However, they would never be able to afford living apart because my mum has a really low income and my dad is self employed so we wouldn't be able to live just of my mothers wages. My dad can't also go a week without drinking but he leaves the house to get out of the environment and goes to the pub so I guess he's going to drink then. He has just turned 60 and we keep urging him to get check ups at the doctor as our family has a history of cancer but he keeps saying he doesn't care if he dies. I don't know what to do anymore? (I'm 16 and have an 18 year old sister)
cariadgrace

Re: My parents don't love each other'

Postby Lisa171717 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:01 pm

Hi! I am sorry for you but it's not your fault. I know how you feel. You know something? Try to escape from your stressful environment by doing the stuff you like and by being with your friends away from home.I think that maybe your dad needs counseling? Or try to talk to your older sister and both of you dit with your parents and explain to them that their arguements are annoying and stressing you, tell them that you love them and that you won't bare living without any of them.. Good luck and be happy :)
Lisa171717

Postby Kristen Clarke » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:46 am

I am so sorry about your situation! I know the pain...even my parents fight a lot but I think there is still a little love in them for each other...money was never a problem for us so I don't know what to expect...every time my parents fight - my mom asks for divorce but my dad convinces her that if they get a divorce it would ruin their children's ( me and my brother and sister ) life. I just want to say try convincing your parents that if they separate - they might ruin your future because a you can never be completely happy unless you get love from both of your parents
Kristen Clarke

Postby Moosey » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:58 am

You can't control your dad's behavior- the drinking- it's taken over. No one can stop it but him. You can't control your parents relationship either. I grew up in a horrible home- I said- I'm going to do the opposite of my parents. And I did. Stay strong and focus on what your life goals are. It's not your job to fix this or to take care of either of your parents- it's their job to take care of you. Build a nice support system around you friends and other family. Also lots of kids of alcoholics benefit from ALANON. Look it up- there are people going through what you are and can support you
Moosey

Postby Jay3300 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:46 pm

Well I know that this is risky and unsafe, but maybe you should consider running away from home? Maybe you could find a close friend and live him/her and have there parents sworn secretcy it's seems it's seems scary where you live
Jay3300

Postby Moosey » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:02 pm

Don't run away that is dangerous. If you ever wanted to leave there are other ways. Keep safe. Try spending time with friends- join groups after school- tell yourself- I'm getting out of here and I'm going to be opposite of parents. Do everything in power to be successful in life. It's not your job to fix them. It may be too late for them but not for you.
Moosey

Return to Relationship with Parents