Travelling on my period

Travelling on my period

Postby TeyhaNHD » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:19 pm

Hi!
So I've had my period for almost two years now and have travelled overseas previously without it coming, but I was always prepared.
However, we are flying on a 12 hour night flight next week and it is due to come in the next few days so I am most likely going to be flying with it (oh the joy!)
I use menstrual cups, and also pads along with them as I have a pretty heavy flow.
Does anyone have any tips on changing a menstrual cup in the airport/airplane restrooms and just any general advice?

Thanks So much for any answers ❤️

Teyha xx
TeyhaNHD

Re: Travelling on my period

Postby Zoë T » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:10 am

Great to see another person on here who uses menstrual cups! I use them too; and love them! I dont have much advice, you've just got to figure out what works best for you, but here's what I do: When you go to empty your cup, (if you can) bring a bottle of water in with you and use it to wash the cup while holding it over the toilet, if you can't do that just wipe it out really well with toilet paper. Also, to avoid the blood just siting in the toilet bowl put a few peaces of toilet paper in to cover the water before you empty your cup, and dump the blood onto the toilet paper; if you don't do this already, try it, it works really well! And make sure to bring lots of pads, you never know when they might come in handy!
Zoë T

Postby TeyhaNHD » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:58 am

Thank you so much Zoe!
I've been trying to do convince my friends to try menetrusl cups!
Those are great tips, I'll definitely try that out!
Thanks again ;)
TeyhaNHD

Postby Zoë T » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:45 am

You're welcome :-)
Zoë T

Return to Teen Menstruation