Re: Could I be pregnant?

Postby Kaylikayooote » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:02 am

Moosey wrote:

Couldn't agree with anything you said more
Kaylikayooote

Postby Justher99 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:26 am

Alyssa,
First off congratulations, you're embarking on the scariest most wonderful ride you will ever take. Tell your mom, I know it's terrifying but trust me, after she gets over the shock and anger she will be there for you and her grandchild. I got pregnant with my oldest a month after I turned 18. My home life wasn't the best and I had moved in with my 26yo BF at the time. I was paying bills, being an "adult" and trying to escape reality. I was 5 months pregnant when I graduated HS and I had moved back in with my mom so she could help guide me. I was terrified. My son will be six this year and it is not easy. The help and support of my mom has gotten us through this. Even now I live 5 states away from my mom (she will always help if I need it), just bought my first home, and am engaged...but honestly I am still scared shitless. I had my second child with my fiancé Sept. of 2015. Six weeks later he passed away of SIDS. You never ever know what will happen and the only thing you can do is love them, provide for them, and protect them with every ounce of your being. This starts with your family tho, they will be the ones that even when you least expect it will help you. Take classes, read books, love yourself and good luck dear. You can do this.
Justher99

Postby Alyssa7199 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:47 pm

Thank you so much. I've been struggling to find positivity because of personal reasons at home and this really did help. Thank you
Alyssa7199

Postby Buhle » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:58 pm

Hey my name is Buhle I'm 19 turning 20 in August i had s*x with my bf a week before my periods is the a possibility that I might be pregnant. I tried doing a home pregnancy test but it was a bit early for me to do it. I'm very anxious as it was my first time having s*x and we didn't even use protection and he ejeculated in me
Buhle

Postby Moosey » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:32 pm

Buhle- there is always a chance of pregnancy when you don't use protection. Please protect yourself from pregnancy and STDs. Make him use a condom or he doesn't get any. Otherwise you will be pregnant soon enough
Moosey

Postby Theonlynyki » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:55 am

Hi Love please don't take offense just me sharing my experience. Yes it could be an early pregnancy sign as well as a number of other things. As far as wanting a baby I had my oldest daughter a week before I turned 17. It is possible to work and go to school and not put your life on hold. I always say my life didn't end I just took a detour. While I wouldn't change my path I can't say it's been an easy one. I wish I could go out when I felt like it without having to plan for a sitter. And me time forget about it. Having a baby is a huge decision life changes and like my mom asked me, " Are you prepared to take care of a child on your own if it comes to it?" Again just my experience I'm 25 with an 8 year old and love her to pieces! College graduate and single mommy you can do it if your mind is in the right place!
Theonlynyki

Postby Aleena_05 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:34 pm

HAHAHAAA y'all so FUNNNNNY Like honestly the only thing you guys do is get pregnant in your lives find something better to do
Aleena_05

Postby Lkeller » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:35 am

Congrats! I got pregnant when I was 16. Although it wasn't planned it was a blessing. It was a lot of work being in high school and having a baby but I also had a very strong support system like you which makes all the difference. I worked a full time job and took care of my little girl. She is now 12 years old, and top of her class for the last 4 years. She is sweet and well behaved. I went to college and managed to obtain 3 degrees. It was HARD but it was so worth it. You can be a great mom at any age and become something for yourself. Don't ever let anyone tell you different. It may take longer and you may have to try harder than others with a baby but it can be done! Congrats again.
Lkeller

Postby Alyssa7199 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:10 am

Thank you! I'm graduating in about a month so going to high school isn't an issue
Alyssa7199

Postby ChelseaTee1 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:21 pm

Lots of people do it, yes but most of them are old enough to be able to support the child. You don't really know what you're getting yourself into. If you don't want people telling you what you're saying is stupid then don't say stupid things. You might only be going to college for a couple years but college is expensive and you won't be able to find a job, let alone a job that pays enough to support a family, fresh out of school. You will regret your decision, but to each their own.
ChelseaTee1

PreviousNext

Return to Teen Menstruation