Need advice (sorry it's long)

Relationship with your partner

Re: Need advice (sorry it's long)

Postby HolyMelody » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:39 pm

Thank you everyone so much for your words it really has open my eyes and that I need to walk away from this relationship before it gets worse. Though I'm sad to leave I don't think it will get better, and I'll take everyones advice and leave while he's away at work so I can avoid any danger. Thank you everyone again it still hard but it makes it a little easier seeing I'm not crazy
HolyMelody

Postby Moosey » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:11 pm

Your not crazy - he is. Make sure you have someone with you when you go. Don't answer phone. Just leave a note
Moosey

Postby Mayrama » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:20 am

Dear, all this jealousy drama..is because he is the one who's cheating on you... believe me...he won't change for any better but worst...having a baby with him is a big mistake.. he'll use the baby to control you...just leave... leave!!!
Mayrama

Postby Kaylikayooote » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:56 am

HolyMelody wrote:I need some relationship advice. I'm 24 and have been dating my boyfriend for over a year now. I've known him all my childhood so when we started dating we moved fast. We moved in together within months of dating, and everything was peachy at first. It wasn't until we passed the one year mark when things started to change. When we first started dating he would occasionally get mad when I played games on my phone, and accused me of cheating. I would let it go because I know he feels insecure because he was cheated on, but now it's much worse. He is always looking over my shoulder and asking me who I'm texting or what I'm doing on my phone. He would go off on me and tell me I'm a stupid b**ch and so on because he thinks I'm talking to dudes. It had gotten so bad that I ended up having a break down, and said I would leave if he wouldn't stop. For the next few days he was super sweet, and loving. Than he started up again, but not only was he getting mad at me for looking at my phone but going out to see my only friend. He told me I shouldn't have to see her every week. Which is only once a week while he's at work, but he can see his friends everyday and leave me at the house alone and I'm suppose to be okay with it? He won't even let me go to a charity run because I'll be gone for two nights with my sister's. He even gets mad at me even mentioning it. I even got in trouble because I cut my hair, and he even got mad when I said I wanted to dye it blonde because he wanted me to dye it red. I just feel like I'm always walking on eggshells around him, and I've told him this, but he thinks I'm crazy. He even got mad when I told him I didn't want s*x, but we ended up doing it anyways cause he wanted too. It was the first time I turned him down and he made a big deal out of it. I don't know what to do. I want to leave but I'm afraid of what he would do. My friends said I need to leave when he's not home, and come back to tell him I'm breaking up with him with someone around, but that seems unfair to him. He told me today that he finally wants to have a kid with me, and it just made me feel so bad because I've been thinking about leaving him. I'm so confused. Should I just stay and see if he will get better or should I move on?

You seriously need to leave it's already mental abuse it sounds like it's going to turn into physical abuse. You really need to leave one of that is okay in anyway. Seriously absolutely not
Kaylikayooote

Postby OneStepAtATime » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:07 am

I just want you to be safe and careful. I pray you get away from him quickly and unharmed. I know it may hurt now but you'll look back and know it was right. I was in an abusive relationship such as this. I broke up with him and 2 hours later the cops said they had a "suicide" risk call. My ex called them and they took me to a psych ward. I called my lawyer and got out 2 hours later. I was so traumatized because he was psychotic. And threatened me after I broke up with him by sending emails of laughing clowns stabbing a woman.I obtained a restraining order. But please I stress let someone know whats going on at all times. This could turn very serious.and that happened when I was 18. Im 24 now as well.
OneStepAtATime

Postby alove13 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:04 am

If you feel on the edge with him and you love him you should take a brake from him to think over things. You need to talk to him as well. If you feel scared then you should do as the person suggested and leave when he isn't home.
alove13

Postby K.Jay » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:52 pm

Please sweet heart, run for your life when you still have you and don't think of having kids with him that's the worst thing that will happen to you in this relationship.You will be trapped with him forever! Hes
K.Jay

Postby K.Jay » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:58 pm

Please sweet heart, run for your life when you still have you and don't think of having kids with him that's the worst thing that will happen to you in this relationship.You will be trapped with him forever! He's never going to change and not because he was cheated on. He's just a controlling person and the more you stay the more he'll feel like he owns you and you'll lowly begin to loss yourself to him and start living and thinking the way he wants you to instead of the way you want. So do not let pity keep you there. Leave now and not later each minute you spend there, it is getting late! Be wise choose you!
K.Jay

Postby Mrdkl » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:18 pm

Girl get out, and get out now. He is mentally abusing you, controlling your every move. No, get out or his crazy a*s is going to keep you in a basement and feed you on a tray. Gtfo.
Mrdkl

Postby HolyMelody » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:01 pm

OneStepAtATime wrote:I just want you to be safe and careful. I pray you get away from him quickly and unharmed. I know it may hurt now but you'll look back and know it was right. I was in an abusive relationship such as this. I broke up with him and 2 hours later the cops said they had a "suicide" risk call. My ex called them and they took me to a psych ward. I called my lawyer and got out 2 hours later. I was so traumatized because he was psychotic. And threatened me after I broke up with him by sending emails of laughing clowns stabbing a woman.I obtained a restraining order. But please I stress let someone know whats going on at all times. This could turn very serious.and that happened when I was 18. Im 24 now as well.

Thank you for your story. That's so horrible and I hate that had to happen to you. I pray that my situation won't turn so ugly. Honestly the only reason I'm truly worried about him hurting me is because when he found out his ex wife cheated on him he pulled a gun out on her. So part of me fears what he will do when he finds out I've been thinking of leaving. I ended up talking to his sister asking if he's the over "jealous" type and she said he's always been like that. Which only made me more depressed because I feel like he won't ever change. I talked to my mother about it and she has encourage me to come back home. She also told me if I was ever worried that he would hurt me to text 911 and she would head to our house immediately. I don't know what's wrong with me and why I feel I need to stay. Maybe because I don't want to hurt or maybe because I'm afraid he's the best I'll ever get. I don't know, but I know I don't feel the same about him like I use to and I guess that's a sign in itself that I should leave. I keep telling myself I'll leave, but than he starts being super sweet and it just gets me all messed up.
HolyMelody

PreviousNext

Return to Adult Relationship