My boyfriend is muslim

Relationship with your partner

Re: My boyfriend is muslim

Postby IceCreamAndCake » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:33 am

Hey, I was in that same situation for 4 years. We ended our relationship a week ago. His parents dont like me not for who I am but what I believe in. The person my ex fell inlove with is who I am so if I have to modify that then that relationship doesnt make sense. You should never change for someone else and yes marriage is completely different from dating; religion has a key role to play when or if you all have children. So evaluate your situation and not just think about now but the future in terms of what type of belief system you would want to transfer to your children.

My 2 cents
IceCreamAndCake

Postby msali123 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:34 am

kamiKK wrote:It's mostly your choice, but as a catholic who actually doesen't really believe in any religion (just like you) I wouldn't convert to islam just to be with him. If he really is so much into islam then after marriage your life will just get very, very, very bad and miserable.

First of all, you will have to wear those disgusting robes 24/7 and act as your own husbands slave. In radical muslim families women AREN'T even allowed to dine at the same as men! Your life will turn into a cooking-taking care of kids-cleaning up cycle and there would be no way out. You will have to do everything that the quaran says you have to do, and believe in all these muslim things. (Quaran states multiple times that people who donmt believe in islam should be KILLED and that for MURDERING a non-muslim person you will go to muslim heaven and have a lot of s*x slaves)

Second of all, your love would probably end very soon. As a muslim he'd leave you alone with 5 kids and get himself a new wife that he would end up loving more than you. Imagine being left alone in a house with a couple of kids and having noone to help or talk to. That's what muslims think is NORMAL. And if you wouldn't be very lucky, he could end up with 4 other wifes and you would be at the end of the list. Ouch.

Third of all, in muslim culture it is more than acceptable to BEAT, KILL and HURT women, and nobody even cares that it will leave you severly deformed. So, you know, he can be such a sweet and "loving" boyfriend, but one day he can pour acid on you and won't even give a shit. Maybe he doesen't seem like a person who would do that, but a happy muslim and an angry muslim are too different things. Imagine having your entire body half dissolved. Imagine all those kids that would be scared of you. Imagine other people staring at you and thinking you're disgusting.

In my opinion, you should try to find someone else. If he isn't willing to give up his stupid religion for a marriage, then he also won't be able to give it up generally. And trust me, you don't want to be treated like a typical muslim woman.

Omg your comment rocked me to the core. And I keep hearing that same thing of abuse smh that's crazy
msali123

Postby IcyHeartAngel » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:27 am

Assalamualaikum (peace be unto you)
See, to Muslims when they want to marry the person they love, that person has to be Muslim. They can't marry someone from another faith. If he's asking you to convert, and you're not very religious in the first place, how about you learn more about Islam? Don't go on the internet and read stuff there. Buy a Qur'an or ask him for it and read it, try to understand it.
If you don't like it, then refuse. But don't just go headfirst into it that because I love my boyfriend, I'll become Muslim. No. You become Muslim if you want to become Muslim. Not because someone else is asking you. Don't change your faith based on that. First research it, look at it and if you like it's message then choose that religion, yourself. Because from what I know of Islam, it doesn't force someone to convert. If you want to convert then great, if not, then okay, alright. Islam has a basic core value which it propogates and that is: doing good. That's all. Yes, you'll have to pray 5 times a day and fast and pay zakat (which is paying to the needy and underprivileged) but the underlying principle is to become your best version. It's to do good, always. If you're mad at someone, forgive them. If someone hurt you, forgive them. If someone needs help, help them. If there's something obstructing the road which may cause harm to other people, try to remove it because that is a form of charity in Islam too because it teaches people that doing good is charity. Being good is charity to yourself too. Its sole message is peace and goodness. So, if you accept Islam, you'll have to learn to be an extremely good person because that's how a true Muslim is.
But anyway, I hope you do give the Qur'an a read, if you're boyfriend is not well versed in Islam then he won't be able to aid you as such so you'll have to research yourself and consider it. Because choosing Islam isn't OMG she changed her faith because of a bf now she's a terrorist. No, it's choosing to abide by rules which will do good for you and others. To only do good. And I know it's hard because we're humans in the first place but who doesn't want to improve themselves?
Anyway, I wish you all the best! Have a nice day!
IcyHeartAngel

Postby Aurorasanchez » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:30 am

Hi, same situation here, but I am Muslim my boyfriend is a Christian (actually he doesn't believe any religions). I asked him to be a Muslim, and yeah he accepted it (even tho he still dont believe it). But he told me he wont to do muslim's obligations. I feel saddd.
So my opinion is, learn about Islam first, if you still not believe of it just tell it to your boyfriend, at least you learn about it or maybe you two have other solution.
Aurorasanchez

Postby jinger44 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:12 pm

I have been in your situation and now I am married to the person I love he is a muslim.. And now i converted to a muslim too being a muslim is not so bad and it is up to you if you want to change your religion but take note it must be by geart that you choose Islam as your religion,my husband did not force me to convert to Islam i just want to convert vy heart and Islam is not a bad religion.
jinger44

Postby TSimmo » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:45 pm

I know you posted this a while back. I'm in a very similar situation. My boyfriend is Muslim and I adore him. We've been together for 6 years. I'll state a couple of facts for you.

1. A Muslim Man can marry you as a Christian!!! And it's allowed by the religion.
Getting you to convert is one of the best things that He can do to earn a place in paradise.
2. You are NOT obligated to change or accept.

If you would like to be with him and religion is a very touchy subject. Just for education I think you should speak with an Imam. This person should be able to get to the bottom of the issue.

I do hope this helps.
TSimmo

Postby Onoriode » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:11 pm

Hi dear, I am also in a relationship with a Muslim guy and my grandmother has warned me never to have anything to do with Muslims in term of relationship,so I explain it to my guy and he is not willing to let go of his religion and am not willing to as well, so we broke up because I know I can't cope with his religion and he can't cope with mine ,and my family won't accept it either. My advice for you is that if you know you both can't cope because of religion and your family won't accept, it will be better if you guys just forget the relationship and move on with life. With time you will get over the feeling
Onoriode

Postby ifelipe7 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:34 am

I don't think you should change your religion just to please him. That means he doesn't accept you as you are. I've had friends who married into different religions and before they got married or had kids they agreed which religion the kids were going to be raised in and what not. It can work out even if you don't switch out.
ifelipe7

Postby Helix » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:43 am

If you're truly meant to be together, you shouldn't have to change to be with him.
Helix

Postby Auj » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:02 am

Well, my dad is a muslim and mom is catholic. It really didn't matter to them what religion they have, they just, well, got married. No hassle and no need to change their religion.
Auj

PreviousNext

Return to Adult Relationship