My boyfriend is muslim

Relationship with your partner

Re: My boyfriend is muslim

Postby jinger44 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:12 pm

I have been in your situation and now I am married to the person I love he is a muslim.. And now i converted to a muslim too being a muslim is not so bad and it is up to you if you want to change your religion but take note it must be by geart that you choose Islam as your religion,my husband did not force me to convert to Islam i just want to convert vy heart and Islam is not a bad religion.
jinger44

Postby TSimmo » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:45 pm

I know you posted this a while back. I'm in a very similar situation. My boyfriend is Muslim and I adore him. We've been together for 6 years. I'll state a couple of facts for you.

1. A Muslim Man can marry you as a Christian!!! And it's allowed by the religion.
Getting you to convert is one of the best things that He can do to earn a place in paradise.
2. You are NOT obligated to change or accept.

If you would like to be with him and religion is a very touchy subject. Just for education I think you should speak with an Imam. This person should be able to get to the bottom of the issue.

I do hope this helps.
TSimmo

Postby Onoriode » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:11 pm

Hi dear, I am also in a relationship with a Muslim guy and my grandmother has warned me never to have anything to do with Muslims in term of relationship,so I explain it to my guy and he is not willing to let go of his religion and am not willing to as well, so we broke up because I know I can't cope with his religion and he can't cope with mine ,and my family won't accept it either. My advice for you is that if you know you both can't cope because of religion and your family won't accept, it will be better if you guys just forget the relationship and move on with life. With time you will get over the feeling
Onoriode

Postby ifelipe7 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:34 am

I don't think you should change your religion just to please him. That means he doesn't accept you as you are. I've had friends who married into different religions and before they got married or had kids they agreed which religion the kids were going to be raised in and what not. It can work out even if you don't switch out.
ifelipe7

Postby Helix » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:43 am

If you're truly meant to be together, you shouldn't have to change to be with him.
Helix

Postby Auj » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:02 am

Well, my dad is a muslim and mom is catholic. It really didn't matter to them what religion they have, they just, well, got married. No hassle and no need to change their religion.
Auj

Postby Allienwannabe » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:57 pm

I am a muslim myself. I dont suggest you to just convert to Islam bcs you want to get married with your muslim bf. You better learn the religion first, understand it first and after that, the choice is yours.
Allienwannabe

Postby amanielbeidy » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:19 pm

I am a Muslim girl. You do not force him to enter Islam, our religion is a religion that allows, no one is forced to enter it, a Muslim man can marry a Muslim or a Christian girl (a Christian or a Jew) that believes in a God who embraces the Christian or Jewish religion, A Muslim woman must be a Muslim until his children are Muslim. You have to enter Islam with full conviction and faith
amanielbeidy

Postby amanielbeidy » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:24 pm

You can search for information about Islam, which is a script if you are asked to enter Islam until you get married. Or continue with you
amanielbeidy

Postby memeyzubaidi » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:26 am

Dear alora,
I know u love him. He is a muslim n you're not. In islam, to be together, the partner should be a muslim first to get legally marriage in islam. And islam not force you to change your religion because u love someone. U must convert to islam with open heart because u love islam not because of someone. U have to love islam first b4 u love him. The day u enter islam, all the sins u've done in the past all gone like u are a new born baby. Thats the special for non muslim when they enter islam. But im here not talking bout that. Again, my advice if u love him, u must love islam first. If not, it will be a burden for you n I dont want u endup divorce or apostasy. If he is a good muslim, he will guide u to become good muslim first. In islam, its simple. My advice u learn islam first. Learn the quran. See the translation. Dont see the people. Then you pray to god, which path would you take. And pray it for your future. We all cant give the answer. We just only can advice. The answer is only your heart. Follow it with open heart. Hope u will not regret the path u choose. :)
memeyzubaidi

PreviousNext

Return to Adult Relationship