Recruitment volunteer for Forums Administrator

Bug Report

Re: Recruitment volunteer for Forums Administrator

Postby starships » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:14 am

I want to be moderator. I want to help too.i log here every day and i dont like to read and sitting here do nothing. I really wish to help find spams,watching topics not at the right place,rude languages,some teenage girls give advice really wrong. Please consider my request.
ILL be really GLAD TO VOLUNTEER!!!
THNKX FOR READING!!
starships

Postby flores » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:51 am

@rmu66, starships would be a great moderator she's awesome :-)
flores

Postby Shraams » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:47 am

I just responded to a message from rmu and I actually thought that I was tackling the spam on MY own. As I told her, there's literally so much of it that even if one of us gets through several pages of it, we still don't make a dent and the work goes unnoticed by other mods and we all think we're the only ones working on it; it's so overwhelming!
Shraams

Postby rmu66 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:19 am

I've been cleaning spam out of the mod que for days now. :(

It would also help if the moderators were all green so people do not have to PM me just to make sure I'm a moderator and not just a really bossy regular member who can make announcement topics. :p
[Moderator]
rmu66

Postby rmu66 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:29 am

@ starship I appreciate your eagerness to help out. Sadly we do not have the ability to make you a moderator. Only the admin can do that. We've contacted the admin a few times but have received no response. For the time being please help us out by reporting any spam you see or any posts that you think are inappropriate.

I feel like if we had a mod team that were all on the same page I could give some really good guidance as to how a forum this size can run smoothly and with order. I have almost a decade worth of moderating experience I'd love to share but the way this forum looks now it's nothing but a mess for even me. We need moderators who are going to be active often and we need a section where we can make decisions as a team (a private forum for moderators 99% of forums have one). All the spam has to stop. The teen section needs strict guidelines. We need to try and do away with so many duplicate topics. A lot of women have the same concerns here and there really isn't a need for 400 threads all about your period being late. As I was telling Shraams this place really needs to be stripped down. It is doomed at this point if things do not change in a BIG way.
[Moderator]
rmu66

Postby rachel_g » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:11 am

Reading the threads it seems that the problem is twofold; not enough moderators to monitor the content and those mods you do have spend most of their time wading through spam and don't get enough time to moderate how they would like.

I suggest you advertise for volunteers to just trawl through your workflow and delete all the spam and duplicate posts. Some people, like myself who can't commit to logging in every day and being full moderators might be happy to put in a few evenings a week helping to kill your spam backlog.

I would be happy to volunteer to do this.

In the meantime I'm happy to just help out in the ways you have described.

Thanks for all your hard work as mods, it's appreciated.

Rachel
rachel_g

Postby becca5279 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:51 am

I would love to be a moderator. I'm mostly a lookie loo but I've been around for awhile and agree things are out of hand. I'm on everyday. If any of you ladies think I'd be beneficial to the team let the admin know please!
becca5279

Postby Shraams » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:44 pm

Becca and Rachel, noted! If admin ever replies to us we'll put in the good word!
Shraams

Postby starships » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:57 pm

Thnkx rmu66!!
Let me knw if they answer plss!!
yes ill be glad to help here find everything in right place :-)
starships

Postby Lishakitty. » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:59 pm

I would love to help I am on alot through the day and see alot of topics that are in the wrong place and with my OCD I would be more than willing to help organize everything. I agree that changes should be nade I haven't been on here long bug have already noticed things that need to be fixed. If the admin responds i'd appreciate if I was recomended. Hope you all agree. Thank you. :)
Cody 8-10-13<3
Lishakitty.

PreviousNext

Return to Bug Report