Forgive them, for they do not know what they believe...

Other topic

Re: Forgive them, for they do not know what they believe...

Postby Mikusan » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:54 am

The thing is, how can we live our lives without faith and believing in something? If you can’t simply live on your faith in whatever God you believe in then who’s to say you can begin to have faith in your significant other, or in yourself. It’s our faith in our religion that helps us get past those bumps hills in life because we have faith that things will get better and that we can better ourselves.
Mikusan

Postby cacahuate86 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:28 am

Personally, I think it's kind of sad that you'd need god to trust yourself or your partner or anyone or anything else in your life. What gets me through sad times is the support of my loved ones. Who have proven time and time again to be my rock. I don't need the vagueness of god or some snake oil promise of heaven to get me through anything. I can enjoy life and seize the day without that judgemental guy.
cacahuate86

Postby SweetSunshine7 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:07 pm

Hi, I know I am really late... but your post intrigued me. I’m not sure what exactly was your question. I believe this post was merely to evoke perceptions that you are curious in understanding. But I may be wrong... I think you are on to something... you are spiritual I can tell but, want more out of God , who you feel gives you no evidence. We will not convince you... because that is not what your looking for is it... Science is indeed spiritual as well so even when you feel there’s no evidence of God. God is all science studies... the root of everything that exists is simply empty space which science would call empty matter/energy ? I call it God. The idea of believing may seem irrational but faith is what science lacks and until science can believe in something other than what they see they will never see what they truly want to find. There is a book that merges the ideas of science and religion that I believe you’d enjoy the man character is actually an atheist. I’m not gonna give you the title but you can use my evidence to search for the answer on google... lol love you ! I hope you’re having a blessed day :) enjoy the book !!
SweetSunshine7

Postby cacahuate86 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:52 pm

There are many books that try to reconcile science with religion.

Einstein was famously religious and one of the greatest scientists that ever lived at the same time. And he didn't shy away from commenting on his faith either.
"Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that, behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable. Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion. To that extent I am, in point of fact, religious.", he said.
And to Maurice Solovine he once confided: "I can understand your aversion to the use of the term 'religion' to describe an emotional and psychological attitude which shows itself most clearly in Spinoza... I have not found a better expression than 'religious' for the trust in the rational nature of reality that is, at least to a certain extent, accessible to human reason. I believe in Spinoza's God, Who reveals Himself in the lawful harmony of the world, not in a God Who concerns Himself with the fate and the doings of mankind."

But he also said that:
"Everything that the human race has done and thought is concerned with the satisfaction of deeply felt needs and the assuagement of pain. One has to keep this constantly in mind if one wishes to understand spiritual movements and their development. Feeling and longing are the motive force behind all human endeavor and human creation, in however exalted a guise the latter may present themselves to us. [...] The desire for guidance, love, and support prompts men to form the social or moral conception of God. This is the God of Providence, who protects, disposes, rewards, and punishes; the God who, according to the limits of the believer's outlook, loves and cherishes the life of the tribe or of the human race, or even of life itself; the comforter in sorrow and unsatisfied longing; he who preserves the souls of the dead. This is the social or moral conception of God."

He understood that idea of any god we have in any religion is a construct created by ourselves out of the purest human insticts and emotions.

What I think I haven't gotten across here at all (yet) is the fact that I'm a big proponent of religion. Not for myself, of course. I am - contrary to what you suggested - not in the least bit spiritually inclinced. But I do think that religion's most important role in the world is to give people who cannot deal with the fact that they have little control over the truly elemental things in life, because nature ultimately cannot be controlled, a sense of security and safety. To make them feel that even though they aren't in control, there is someone or something out there that is and even better, has their best interest in mind. And the sheer number of people who believe in some form of divine existence is proof that religion - any kind of religion - is ultimately a good and necessary aspect of life on earth.
I still think it's profoundly sad that as a species, for all our advancements from both social as well as technical perspectives, we still haven't progressed beyond needing such simplistic, childish concepts to help us sleep at night. But it is what it is and a world in which people are at the psychological and moral level they are today could never function without the crutch that is religion.
cacahuate86

Postby Medina6 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:12 pm

I personally believe faith is the meaning to a individuals sprit. I used to live out of the faith and I was unhappy, but when I accepted god and in Christianity I deposited faith on what’s not seen but felt. Have you walked in to a home where a family in faith lives you feel the difference you can feel the peace in every inch of the home. Scientist don’t use much of there inner peace they use their brain to explain even the unexplainable. Faith is something you choose to have to live and enjoy your inner peace by your self or in company of others. I have faith in god who is a sprit
Medina6

Postby Silver_Fox720 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:29 pm

Ok usually I don’t ever respond to these things but I feel I should to this one. Not going to lie I did not read that last crazy long post. Yes science and every demonstrable protocol says God does not exist, but now I have a couple question for you. Is there such thing as heat?
Silver_Fox720

Postby cacahuate86 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:23 pm

See, you're wrong there. Science can't disprove the existence of god, that's the whole point of religion's claim that he exists outside or beyond science. But that invertibly means that religion can't prove his existence either. Because 1) it would negate their claim and 2) it would make their entire concept of faith irrelevant.

The cognition, or rather perception, of heat is an interesting but somewhat stochastic if not abstract concept. Can you be more concrete? Or do you want a lecture on how the microscopic motion of particles produces heat? I'm not a physics teacher, but this is simplest high school level science that has been around since Francis Bacon theorized it in the 16th century. So, I can certainly give you a free lesson if your teachers neglected their duty. 😉

Also, who engages in any discourse without reading the counter arguments? And none of these comments are crazy long. There is a limit on how long a comment you can post anyway. Better get used to the fact that some things can't necessarily be discussed or explained in one tweet...
cacahuate86

Previous

Return to Other topic