Forgive them, for they do not know what they believe...

Other topic

Re: Forgive them, for they do not know what they believe...

Postby Hanna96 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:56 pm

Ok so maybe it is a religion, but it means nothing if we don't have a personal relationship with our savior Jesus Christ. We must have a relationship with our Lord so that He won't have to tell us "I never knew you." It's necessary for us to have a personal relationship with Him, and not just go to church, cover our hair, or wear certain clothes, etc. and expect to get to heaven.
Hanna96

Postby cacahuate86 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:26 pm

How could he not know everyone inside and out? I thought he was omniscient.I get what you are saying though. Heaven is not a meritocracy, it's prom... be nice and pretty (i.e. do all the right and righteous stuff) AND jack off the quarterback (stroke god's ego by worshipping him) and you'll be invited😂

But I've been through this with carebear a few pages back. This god of yours wants you to worship him on your knees, doesn't want you to even acknowledge any of his rivals, wants you to kill in his name (according to the old testament), doesn't do anything when anyone is in trouble even though he certainly could (being omnipotent and all that), wants you to stay as ignorant about the world you live in as you possibly can (apparently... given this curriculum of yours). He only loves you when you give him all of your attention at all times, live your life for him and nobody else, do the things he commands, say the things he wants you to say, treat other people the way he wants you to treat them. He's a terrible, terrible friend! There is no f**cking way I would EVER want that guy as my friend. Who the hell would? It's insanity! Literally the only way he gets anyone to like him in the first place is by promising them an eternity in heaven. Anything less than that and everyone would turn on him, because he's like the ultimate douchebag. Would you still worship this obnoxious turd if all you got after death was... I don't know... a really swanky gift bag?
cacahuate86

Re: Recommendation about virgintiy

Postby lol_kitty » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:28 am

cacahuate86 wrote:I can accept and respect that!
Let me ask you this... I don't know where you're from, but I think I'd be right in assuming that it's a predominantly Christian area or country. Let's say you'd have grown up somewhere where Christianity wasn't the main religion but rather Islam or Judaism (let's not complicate things by wandering off too far from the abrahamic religions or even going into polytheism). If religion for you is about the personal choice of believing in the supernatural, do you think you would have ended up a Muslim or a Jewish convert rather than a Christian if you lived somewhere else? Because in that regard they're all the same.

@flopsy: is it possible to move these responses to the religion topic?

Christianity is a choice and anyone can be saved by God anywhere. No matter where they grew up. My family became Christians in a very not so good area. Anyone can be saved by God's grace. And the religions you mentioned are not all the same. I am a Christian and I am still learning for I don't know a lot (clearly) but I do know enough to say as Christians our focus and goal is to be the body of Christ and represent him in a corrupted world and share His love through our actions which are done by the Spirit which lives in us. Notice the root word in Christian is Christ- for Christ is the center of our lives and our Salvation. He is the only one to bring us to the light... to safety... to heaven where we will worship Him forever. And the question about what is faith. For me my faith (in God) is having a close relationship with God my Father and knowing He is always with me and always has my back. I have faith in Him. Meaning I trust God. I know Him. I have no doubts about anything He says or does because God my Father, He keeps His promises and if there's anything I know it's that God is good and works for the good of those who love HIm.......... I apologize for going way off topic of my original point 😂 but I just had to say this to clarify some things. Please note that my tone in writing this is not hateful or anything it's supposed to be neutral and loving. I hope this makes sense and is not offensive to anyone. -with love
lol_kitty

Postby lol_kitty » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:33 am

cacahuate86 wrote:How could he not know everyone inside and out? I thought he was omniscient.I get what you are saying though. Heaven is not a meritocracy, it's prom... be nice and pretty (i.e. do all the right and righteous stuff) AND jack off the quarterback (stroke god's ego by worshipping him) and you'll be invited😂
But I've been through this with carebear a few pages back. This god of yours wants you to worship him on your knees, doesn't want you to even acknowledge any of his rivals, wants you to kill in his name (according to the old testament), doesn't do anything when anyone is in trouble even though he certainly could (being omnipotent and all that), wants you to stay as ignorant about the world you live in as you possibly can (apparently... given this curriculum of yours). He only loves you when you give him all of your attention at all times, live your life for him and nobody else, do the things he commands, say the things he wants you to say, treat other people the way he wants you to treat them. He's a terrible, terrible friend! There is no f**cking way I would EVER want that guy as my friend. Who the hell would? It's insanity! Literally the only way he gets anyone to like him in the first place is by promising them an eternity in heaven. Anything less than that and everyone would turn on him, because he's like the ultimate douchebag. Would you still worship this obnoxious turd if all you got after death was... I don't know... a really swanky gift bag?

I didn't read your whole thing but when Jesus says "I never knew you" he means he never had a personal relationship with you. But he does know who everyone is. And He does care about you. And He wants to know you as His own. A child of God
lol_kitty

Postby Hanna96 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:11 pm

cacahuate86 wrote:How could he not know everyone inside and out? I thought he was omniscient.I get what you are saying though. Heaven is not a meritocracy, it's prom... be nice and pretty (i.e. do all the right and righteous stuff) AND jack off the quarterback (stroke god's ego by worshipping him) and you'll be invited😂

in Matthew 25 Jesus tells us a parable of ten virgins. These girls went out to meet the bridegroom (Jesus). Five of them were foolish,He says. They didn't take enough oil in their lamps, and when the bridegroom came and it was time to go in for the marriage, they realized their lamps had gone out. While they went to get more oil the bridegroom came and took the ones that were ready and they went in together. Later the five foolish virgins also came and found the door locked. They begged and said, "Lord, Lord, open to us." But the Lord said, "verily I say unto you, I know you not." This does not mean that Jesus didn't know who they were, but that they had never bothered getting to know Him. Now it was too late. The doors were locked.

Matthew 5:48 says, "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." Since we are born sinners and are prone to do evil, it is impossible to be perfect without Jesus perfecting us. We must have a relationship with Him so that He can do His work in us.

You got the wrong ideas about God. He doesn't want us to kill. I know the people in the old testament killed because God told them to. But when Christ came He put an end to that. "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth." Romans 10:4. He even considers hatred murder. In 1. John 3:15 He says, "whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him."

Sometimes when people are in trouble, He doesn't do anything because He wants them to look up to Him and ASK for help. Sometimes He's testing their faith or teaching them patience. "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God and are the called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

We aren't ignorant. We just don't seek after worldly knowledge. We need God's grace. "For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God." 1. Corinthians 3:19. We are simple and sincere in serving God. The world will perish and everything that's in it. We only live very short time on earth and we have got to make sure we use this time to get to know God through Jesus whom we want to spend eternity with.
Hanna96

Postby lol_kitty » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:37 pm

Hanna96 wrote:

in Matthew 25 Jesus tells us a parable of ten virgins. These girls went out to meet the bridegroom (Jesus). Five of them were foolish,He says. They didn't take enough oil in their lamps, and when the bridegroom came and it was time to go in for the marriage, they realized their lamps had gone out. While they went to get more oil the bridegroom came and took the ones that were ready and they went in together. Later the five foolish virgins also came and found the door locked. They begged and said, "Lord, Lord, open to us." But the Lord said, "verily I say unto you, I know you not." This does not mean that Jesus didn't know who they were, but that they had never bothered getting to know Him. Now it was too late. The doors were locked.

Matthew 5:48 says, "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." Since we are born sinners and are prone to do evil, it is impossible to be perfect without Jesus perfecting us. We must have a relationship with Him so that He can do His work in us.

You got the wrong ideas about God. He doesn't want us to kill. I know the people in the old testament killed because God told them to. But when Christ came He put an end to that. "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth." Romans 10:4. He even considers hatred murder. In 1. John 3:15 He says, "whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him."

Sometimes when people are in trouble, He doesn't do anything because He wants them to look up to Him and ASK for help. Sometimes He's testing their faith or teaching them patience. "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God and are the called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

We aren't ignorant. We just don't seek after worldly knowledge. We need God's grace. "For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God." 1. Corinthians 3:19. We are simple and sincere in serving God. The world will perish and everything that's in it. We only live very short time on earth and we have got to make sure we use this time to get to know God through Jesus whom we want to spend eternity with.

AMEN SISTER!
lol_kitty

Postby Jesavee » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:05 pm

In my opinion faith in itself isn’t necessarily good. Faith is just believing something without seeing it, I mean some people have faith in their theories on how the world was created whatever it may be. The truth is none of us were sitting right there watching everything happen at the beginning of the world. For myself it is my happiness to believe in God as the source of life, its origin. Why? Because I want to (yep, that’s it, I’m so simple lol). DNA is so amazingly detailed and intricate that it’s not something that just happens by accident, in my opinion. I choose to believe the Bible because I want to and I like it’s message. It may not seem reasonable to others but it is reasonable to me no matter how far fetched it may seem to another.
Jesavee

Postby Jesavee » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:35 pm

Also it should be mentioned that Jesus has a God in the Bible, and his God is greater than him- John 14:28, John 20:16-17, Hebrews 1:8-9, John 10:34-36, John 17:1-3, Revelation 3:11-12. In fact (according to the Bible) Jesus was raised from the dead by his own God- Ephesians 1, Romans 10:9-10, Acts 2:22-39. I believe in Jesus’ God with all my heart and his only begotten son, the man Jesus, made of a woman/conceived by the holy spirit and power of God. Jesus was of the lineage of David and Abraham- Matthew 1:1, Galatians 3:16, Acts 13:22-39. In the Bible, God is never three in one, YHVH is always one. YHVH is never called anything that means three or called Trinity. In the Bible, the fact that God is one, is never described as a mystery at all. It’s only mysterious and mentally impossible in Trinitarianism. To Jesus, things were very simple: John 17:1-3, John 20:16-17, John 14:28. 1 John 5:7 KJV is an interpolation. The doctrine of the Trinity did not originate from the Bible which is why it isn’t in there. It was decided upon later according to history, and now everyone forces it into the text and calls it a mystery. In the Bible Jesus is/was not an angel ever, it says no such thing. Luke 1:30-35, Gal 4:4, Matthew 1:1, John 8:40. Jesus actually referred to himself as a man who heard the truth from God, and even prayed all night to the one God- Luke 6:12, John 8:40. Jesus was certainly a real man as he himself believed- Romans 5, 1 Corinthians 15:20-28, Acts 17:31, 1 Timothy 2:5-6. YHVH is not a man and was never dead at anytime- Hosea 11:9, Numbers 23:19. YHVH cannot be tempted of evil like we are tempted which means it will never happen and hasn’t because it’s something YHVH can’t do according to the Bible- James 1:13, Hebrews 4:14-15. Truly there are some things that YHVH cannot do according to the Bible...
Jesavee

Postby cacahuate86 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:05 am

See, the problem i have with all of this Hanna, is that the bible is only one single point of reference. And it doesn't even pretend to present a shred of proof. It wasn't even written by God or Jesus themselves. In essence it's just hearsay. And I don't subscribe to believing in gossip.
cacahuate86

Postby cacahuate86 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:10 am

@kitty: 2/3 of the stuff you wrote in response to my comments make no sense because you either didn't read what I actually wrote or you misunderstood. The remaining 1/3 reason, common sense and I don't agree with, but that can hardly come as a surprise.
cacahuate86

PreviousNext

Return to Other topic