Hair remedies

Teen health

Hair remedies

Postby nighttimegazer » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:34 am

Hi, okay so I used to have super thick hair, when it was long. I have highlighted my hair in the past and recently did so In November again, my hair is now shoulder length and thin, or my friend says so. My hair isn’t terrible thin, like it’s a tiny but thin. Anyways I was hoping there would be some type of remedy for my hair. Like should I use coconut oil? Olive oil? I’ve narrowed it down to those two oils. Do they work? What should I do. I want to feel confident about my hair again.
nighttimegazer

Re: Hair remedies

Postby lol_kitty » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:13 pm

Natural products are best. That's all I can help you with tho cuz my hair is totally different from yours 😂😂😂. I'm African American so yeah, I'm not much help lol
lol_kitty

Postby Jeniffer16 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:37 pm

Yes, it helps
Try it, I’ve done that and my hair is getting better, thanks Jesus and me, as well ☺️☺️
Jeniffer16

Postby nighttimegazer » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:58 am

Jeniffer16 wrote:Yes, it helps
Try it, I’ve done that and my hair is getting better, thanks Jesus and me, as well ☺️☺️

Thanks, I’m going to be using olive oil but I don’t know how often I should use it. I wash my hair about 5-6 days a week. Should I put on olive oil everyday I wash my hair or for like 3 days. Also, do you leave it on overnight. I shower in the mornings so....? Sorry for the bombardment of questions 😅, thanks!
nighttimegazer

Olive oil for hair.

Postby nighttimegazer » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:28 am

Will olive oil help thinning hair? If so, how often should I use it, like how many days a week (I shower in the mornings about 5-6 days a week) and can I leave it on over night?
nighttimegazer

Postby Anyaurora » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:15 am

Dying, especially bleaching (making your hair blonde/lighter), relaxing, and using hot irons(curlers/straighteners) actually break-down keratin (along with other natural Proteins) which promote strength, length and hair thickness.
If you want healthy hair that will last decades- don’t use the above mentioned products often.
Anyaurora

Postby Jeniffer16 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:56 pm

nighttimegazer wrote:

Thanks, I’m going to be using olive oil but I don’t know how often I should use it. I wash my hair about 5-6 days a week. Should I put on olive oil everyday I wash my hair or for like 3 days. Also, do you leave it on overnight. I shower in the mornings so....? Sorry for the bombardment of questions 😅, thanks!

Don’t worry, we are here to help ☺️
You wash your hair so much ☺️☺️🙈 sorry 🙈 and not, I don’t leave it on overnight, ‘cause I wash my hair weekly, on Saturday, so as I want to have a long hair I use olive oil with ginger and honey, but you can use just olive oil with honey if you want, honey is really good for the hair, so then you can put on a little of coconut oil, “try to wait 30 minutes before putting the coconut oil” after that you can wash, I recommend you that. So, leave it for a few hours before washing your hair, and as you wash your hair very often, you can do it three times at week. I hope it will help ☺️☺️
Jeniffer16

Postby nighttimegazer » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:28 pm

Jeniffer16 wrote:
nighttimegazer wrote:

Don’t worry, we are here to help ☺️
You wash your hair so much ☺️☺️🙈 sorry 🙈 and not, I don’t leave it on overnight, ‘cause I wash my hair weekly, on Saturday, so as I want to have a long hair I use olive oil with ginger and honey, but you can use just olive oil with honey if you want, honey is really good for the hair, so then you can put on a little of coconut oil, “try to wait 30 minutes before putting the coconut oil” after that you can wash, I recommend you that. So, leave it for a few hours before washing your hair, and as you wash your hair very often, you can do it three times at week. I hope it will help ☺️☺️

Yeah I know I wash my hair a lot. I used to do it three times a week until my mom said to do it for more. I’m going to start transitioning into three times a week again and maybe four. I think I might start doing the oil and honey hair mask maybe twice or once a week? What do you recommend if I lessen the days of hair washing. Also considering my schedule I have to leave it on overnight (I have school and washing my hair at night I hate, also I have super greasy hair and yes I know “why put more oil in my hair if it’s already so greasy” I just want the oil and honey to help thicken my hair again.
nighttimegazer

Re: Olive oil for hair.

Postby flopsy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:25 pm

I have not used olive oil so not sure. I used coconut oil in my daughter's hair though. It seemed to really help. Her hair became thicker and grew a fair amount. I was really pleased with the results. She's been asking for it again, but I'm waiting for spring to roll around. I massaged it into her scalp and hair and left it in until evening. I think normally it is left in for 20 or so minutes and then the hair is washed. I used it several times a week, depending how fast the oil was absorbed by the hair.
flopsy

Postby flopsy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:33 pm

Anyaurora wrote:Dying, especially bleaching (making your hair blonde/lighter), relaxing, and using hot irons(curlers/straighteners) actually break-down keratin (along with other natural Proteins) which promote strength, length and hair thickness.
If you want healthy hair that will last decades- don’t use the above mentioned products often.

Very true.
flopsy

Next

Return to Teen Health