Acne

Teen health

Acne

Postby Atiqah03 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:02 pm

I'm 14 years old and I have acne at both of my cheeks and T-zone. Before this, I have a really clear skin. No pimples at all because I only use a cleanser called " fair n lovely ". Then last year I tried a local skincare that doesn't have any harsh chemicals as it is made from natural resources. After I stopped using it, a lot of pimples appeared at both of my cheeks and T-zone. My friends always make fun of my pimples at school and it's really embarrasing :( are there any tips that y'all can give me? Or suggestion for using any skincare? Please help :)
Atiqah03

Re: Acne

Postby Blue_royalty12 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:15 pm

These are your teen years. If your friends keep talking about you tell them to go kick rocks. But if use the stuff you did before and wash your face 2 times a day then u should be ok.
Blue_royalty12

Postby love_letter » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:01 am

Oh, acne...I don't miss it at all. It will likely get better when your hormones level out in adulthood. If you naturally have oily skin, it might not get better until your twenties, but it will get better. It might just be a coincidence that you started getting pimples when you stopped using that product because 14 is about the age it starts for many girls. Or you could have sensitive skin and maybe whatever product you switched to is more irritating.

Top factors influencing skin health in general:
1. Get plenty of sleep. 90% of the human growth hormone your body produces (which repairs skin cells & facilitates turnover) is produced while sleeping.
2. Drink lots of water. The middle layer of your skin is like a sponge. Avoid diuretics like caffeine & alcohol which dehydrate your skin.
3. Eat fresh fruit. Vitamin C is critical for collagen production, which maintains the elastic structure of your skin & prevents breakage. Fresh fruit also contains Alpha Hydroxy Acids & antioxidants.

Acne is caused by any combination of the following 3 factors:
1. Oil (sebum) or anything else clogging your pores.
2. Bacteria (often the culprit with whiteheads accompanied by inflammation)
3. Dead skin cells that need to be sloughed off.

Therefore, I recommend:
1. Wash your face with a mild soap in warm water before bed. Be sure to remove any makeup. Using very hot water or washing your face more than 2x per day can actually increase oil production, so don't overdo it.
2. Antimicrobials can help fight topical bacteria. Benzoyl peroxide is popular for this purpose. Tea tree oil is an effective all-natural alternative.
3. Exfoliate your skin regularly to remove dead skin cells. The physical action of rubbing off dead skin cells also stimulates blood flow.
4. Moisturize your skin with something that won't clog your pores. A simple aloe vera gel will do the trick, while also soothing irritation.

If you are looking for a product line to buy, ProActive can be effective, but beware it has a slight bleaching effect (not only to skin, but eyebrows, clothing, your pillowcase lol).

Tell your friends that karma will come back to bite them in the a*s for making such mean comments...that one day they're going to wake up with a face full of zits or perhaps they'll have a horrific skin condition in another life and people will make fun of them and then they'll know what it feels like.

Oh, one more thing. Certain types of birth control can also help with acne. You might want to wait until you get older, but that's always an option. Ask your doctor.
love_letter

Postby Judy21 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:23 pm

I have an 11 year old that has been breaking out for the past 2 years we’ve tried everything & nothing has worked until now I bought her cetaphil face wash( morning & night), face whiles for after p.e , sunscreen moisturizer (every day) & the thing that has really made a difference is the apple cider vinegar ( you need to dilute with water) we do 2tps of apple cider vinegar with 4-5 of water she uses it at nights only & by the next morning they are dried up. It also helped her with dark spots from acne. I hope this works for you. Just remember everyone goes through this just some of us get it worse but it will eventually go away.
Judy21

Return to Teen Health