Am i pregnant?

Yes
13%
No
88%

Total votes : 8

Im 17 and scared :( HELP

Postby Vscannin » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:08 am

I had protected s*x on 11 September. It was the last day of my period. I didnt bleed anymore on 12th when it was the last protected s*x day.
My boyfriend was rough with his fingers at a point.
We washed our hands constantly and theres like a 15-20% chance some little sperm might have got in me. Very unlikely.

Last day of period is 11.
Protected s*x on 11-12 Sept.
I had a weird discharge on 13.
On 26 - 2 days after ovulation, TODAY, i went to the bathroom and saw a brownish discharge mixed with white in my panties. Something long and thin that didnt really look like a clot fell from inside of me when i peed. I didnt see it properly but it was like a dark strand. Maybe a clot?

Im very scared, should i be worried? I cant see a doctor right now. Is it only a cyst, wound? Im so so scared :((
Last edited by Vscannin on Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vscannin

Re: Im 17 and scared :( HELP

Postby Rissaj2 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:48 am

If you are having yellow/green discharge, I would see a doctor. That could be an STD.
Rissaj2

Postby Pfctpiemakersgirl » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:09 pm

It was probably from ovulation, a little spotting is normal and not anything to worry about. Keep using protection, maybe get a second method just in case.
Last edited by Pfctpiemakersgirl on Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pfctpiemakersgirl

Postby Vscannin » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:35 pm

I never ever had light brown discharge like this. Thats why im freaking out. Its the second day and i got a few drops today too! Meagre, very light brown color.
Vscannin

Postby Pfctpiemakersgirl » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:03 pm

Just because it's never happened before doesn't mean it's bad. Your body isn't a machine and many hints can affect your cycle and change it. But go see your doctor if you feel you must in order to be comfortable.
Pfctpiemakersgirl

Postby love_letter » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:45 pm

Unless you ovulated on the 16th or sooner, instead of the 24th as estimated, it's very unlikely you're pregnant. Even the 16th would be pushing it because 5 days is the maximum sperm can remain viable. 2 days is more common. And I doubt you ovulated on the 13th.

The long strand you are referring to could have been an old clot. It could have also been a piece of endometrium that came off in one piece. Usually the endometrial layer breaks of into pieces so tiny you don't notice it amongst all the blood, but for some women it can come off in large pieces. When this happens, it has to pass through the opening in the cervix, which is just a tiny hole, so it will often come out rolled up as it passes through the cervix and look like a long strand. If you manage to catch this, you can unroll it and see it's actually a thin layer of endometrium. Like part of a fruit roll up. Kind of gnarly, I know. But that's what's inside you. That's where the egg implants if you do get pregnant. It's called an endometrial cast. Usually they're red & sometimes speckled with white. But I could see it being brown if covered in old blood or if it had detached & took a while to shed.

Some women have spotting during ovulation. This is not unheard of.

I think it's unlikely you are pregnant, based on what you've said, but if you are concerned, get a check up and make sure the spotting & irregular discharge is not from bacterial vaginosis (which can also cause mild bleeding persistently or after s*x) or something else. Best wishes!
love_letter

Return to Teen Health