Gynecologist?

Teen health

Gynecologist?

Postby LonelyWhale » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:26 am

Hey so... I'm 15 years old and my mom has never took me to the gynecologist, I'm growing and I want to start a relationship and start exploring s*x and other things but I'm scared and I think it could help me to go to a gynecologist to find some advise and tell me how to do it safely cause I really don't want to gave that conversation with my mom but she has no plans on taking me to see one... So what should I do?
LonelyWhale

Re: Gynecologist?

Postby Anyaurora » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:41 am

How can you be ready to expose your naked body to Boys, but are uncomfortable with talking about safe s*x with your mom? You're obviously not ready. You're also too young to see a gyno. So my advice is: 1.visit itsyoursexlife.com and 2. Do Not have s*x or sexual activity until you're ready to talk about ihow you can protect yourself with the people who Care about you(Because these Boys don't care about you're well being or your future, they'll say whatever they need in order to get what they want).
Anyaurora

Postby Krimzin » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:20 pm

She's not too young to see a gynecologist, I had my first appt with one when I was 14. It was all about making sure I was healthy. I agree that talking with her mom or another trusted adult is key. Most Boys don't care about precautionary measures when younger. I would say unless you have had s*x you really don't need to see a gyno, your normal primary care doctor can answer your questions and do a pelvic exam.

Just make it clear to your mom that you need a physical and want to talk to a medical professional. You can make it clear to the doctor you want to be alone with him or her to discuss your concerns. Hippa prohibits the sharing of information talked about with your doctor, this includes your mother. I don't know your situation but being upfront with your mom would be best, she'll trust you more if your just honest with her. I promise she knows the s*x talk is coming, I'm surprised she hasn't had it with you yet. It will be embassering at first but these are facts you need to know as you begin to explore your sexuality.
Krimzin

Postby Anyaurora » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:41 am

I should have clarified. Doctors won't do or reccommend a Pap. Unless there are Serious health concerns like positive STI tests. She could see a gyno, but it will revolve around her menstrual cycle and safe s*x as paps are not recommended at her age. The age, at present time, is 21 years. Regardless of having or not having an active s*x life. After that, the exam is done about every three to five years.
Anyaurora

Postby Krimzin » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:28 am

Yes a pap is not recommend at her age but a external pelvic exam should be done between 13 and 15. This is not an internal exam just a visual exam of outer parts and then the doc feels your ovaries and such on the outside. There is more then one reason to go to a gynecologist. Although like I said just talking to a primary care doc would work fine.
I do wonder if we will get an update anytime soon. Have a great night.
Krimzin

Return to Teen Health