taking advantage

Teen health

taking advantage

Postby myathom » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:18 am

I was wondering if two teens had s*x both while intoxicated and were conscious of what they where doing.can it be considered as rape,and will the matter be valid in court. Just curious. Thanks
myathom

Re: taking advantage

Postby Moosey » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:06 am

If 2 teens understood what they were doing and both consented to having s*x. It's not. But it really depends on the state of mind of the person. If you were so intoxicated that you couldn't say yes or no. That is a problem. But - if you completely understood what you were doing and were ok with it at the time- then I say no. The problem with drinking and s*x is you can sometimes do things that you wouldn't agree to do when you were sober. Then you have like a buyers remorse. Or you could be so drunk that something happens and you physically can't say no. That's not ok. So that is why you or whomever should stay sober in these situations so you have a clear head and know what you are saying yes to. Or no to. Things can get out of hand really quick when alcohol 🍺 and/or drugs are involved
Moosey

Postby myathom » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:38 am

Thank you for your comment moosey.I now understand
myathom

Postby Indecisive70 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:13 pm

I agree with the above commentor. If both parties made a conscious decision to say ges to eachother than it is not rape; a regrettable choice maybe, but not rape. Regret does not equal rape. So many mens lives have been ruined because of a womans regret. When I was 14 I drunkenly lost my virginity to a 22 year old, but I did know what i was doing, I just didnt care. I thoight about turning him in becUse in this case, because of our age difference, it was technically rape, but I told him it was okay and that I wanted to. I didnt want to ruin his life for my regret. He did that on his own later lol, but thats another story.
Indecisive70

Postby OldSchoolGirl » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:35 am

If you were drunk, legally you cannot consent to s*xual actuvity so, it legally is rape. However, you said that both parties were drunk which means the guy could not have legally consented either meaning that legally he was also raped... Although, if this was taken to court the female would win and the male would be laughed out of the court, it doesn't mean that it's right. I agree with the poster before me; don't ruin his life just because you regret it. Next time, make different choices to prevent it from happening, don't drink as much, make sure a friend has your back, but please don't ruin this guy's future, it might have been a bad decision, but you both made it.
OldSchoolGirl

Return to Teen Health