Problems

Teen health

Re: Problems

Postby lynn103 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:26 am

Krimzin wrote:Lynn, your fine and it's perfectly normal to begin thinking about the different aspects of s*x at this age. There is a lot of information out there and I hope you have access to all the information that you could ever want. If you would like I could find some helpful websites that have reliable information and pass them along on here. I couldn't post any how tos but there is lots of educational stuff that was helpful to me when I was your age. Lol and not just the scary looking stds either. Although that's an import thing to know about too. Are you close to your mom at all or another older woman who you trust? I know sometimes parents are hard to talk to about this kind of stuff but they've been where you are now. If you do talk to them just ask about what's important to know before having s*x, hopefully they will respond with more info then you would ever want. If they ask why just say that health class was going over the subject and you want to be well informed although you won't be losing your virginity for a long time to come, you still need to know.

I'm not saying lie to your parents but just trying to make it so your parents don't overreact to a simple inquiry about aspects of s*x.

Any way is there anything in particular that you have questions about? I know there are quite a few mom's on here including me who could help with reliable answers regarding the birds and the bees. 😉

Yup I said it and now your blushing lol. 😶

Krimzin, you might post links if you don't mind. Thanks! 😊
lynn103

Postby Moosey » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:37 am

Well- I don't know how far in detail I can go given your age. Sex- men have penis- girls a vagina. Intercourse is pen*s entering vagina. Girls ovulate- release an egg- boys have sperm that without protection travels right to that egg- making a baby. There is also physical touching and oral touching. Oral s*x - can be just as serious as penetrating- as I think it's very personal. Stds can get transferred by oral s*x too. STDs get transmitted thru sexual contact. Herpes, HIV, AIDS , genital warts, chlamydia, HPV- im sure there are some I'm missing. These get transmitted thru bodily fluids. This is why when time is right you use proper protection- birth control for pregnancy and condoms for that and STDs. Some of these can kill you! Or make you infertile. It's normal to think about it. But you are too young. You should save it for someone worthy. You should have love for yourself- if you don't love yourself first- who will. At your age- you should have s*x Ed in school right? Boys will do and say anything to get you to engage in sexual activity. They will promise you the world. Touching each other above and below waist ect. And they talk! Don't go looking for love this way- big mistake. I'm sure your beautiful- and you should wait for a Prince Charming. So don't put yourself down. You are at an age- where your body is changing and sometimes feel awkward. Boys too. This won't last. You can get pregnant on the first time- so don't ever listen to that myth.krimzin and flopsy- hope ok- if not please delete. I saw krimzin post of her saying ask away.
Moosey

Postby lynn103 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:09 pm

I don't go to school. I'm homeschooled, so we don't really have s*x ed or anything. I pretty much choose what I learn and teach it to myself (just because I like to have some independence..lol) Thanks Moosey!
lynn103

Postby flopsy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:39 pm

There are also some good books on the subject. Years ago I read a well written book that covered the topics of s*x, STDs, drugs, alcohol, smoking, and maybe something else. I don't remember the title, but it was very descriptive and direct. Might fit into your school philosophy.
flopsy

Postby flopsy » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:17 am

I know this is off topic but I am curious. If you choose what you learn and teach yourself how do you know you're learning it right? Does someone check your work? Do you need to take some certain subjects such as the three Rs? Reading, writing, and 'rithmatic.
flopsy

Postby Vampirebite1256 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:59 am

It's completely normal to have these thoughts but I wouldn't consider doing it until you are completely sure. Also keep in mind the first time can be painful and there may be bleeding but all of that's natural. When I lost mine it seemed like I was having my whole period in five minutes. I'd recommend taking midol before you do it if you do. But yes these thoughts are normal and don't worry no one will judge you based on age and those thoughts. Everyone has em.
Vampirebite1256

Postby lynn103 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:05 am

flopsy wrote:I know this is off topic but I am curious. If you choose what you learn and teach yourself how do you know you're learning it right? Does someone check your work? Do you need to take some certain subjects such as the three Rs? Reading, writing, and 'rithmatic.

My mom makes sure that I do all the subjects that are required (I do too) and I get to choose the books and stuff. My mom checks my stuff pretty frequently but I very rarely need help with school.
lynn103

Postby lynn103 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:06 am

Krimzin wrote:Here are some reliable sites with good information.

This link has good general info about just about everything related to s*x except how tos.

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn/teens

This is one just on STDs

https://beforeplay.org/stds/

How to talk to parents about s*x and other info.

https://www.girlshealth.gov/body/s*x uality/talkparents.html

How to know if your ready for s*x.

Http://www.plannedparenthood.org/lea rn/teens/s*x/all-about-sex/am-i- ready-sex

http://www.soc.ucsb.edu/sexinfo/arti cle/are-you-ready-lose-your- virginity

You mentioned not feeling worthy so here's a link for that as well.

http://www.goodchoicesgoodlife.org/c hoices-for-young-people/boosting- self-esteem/

All these sites have good info in them some of them are repetitive, but it's that way for a reason.
If you have questions about a specific area regarding sexuality I can find more links. There are a ton out there. There is a lot of info in those links, so remember to take a break and just reflect on what the topic was about for a little bit.

Thank you Krimzin!
lynn103

Postby flopsy » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:22 am

lynn103 wrote:
flopsy wrote:I know this is off topic but I am curious. If you choose what you learn and teach yourself how do you know you're learning it right? Does someone check your work? Do you need to take some certain subjects such as the three Rs? Reading, writing, and 'rithmatic.

My mom makes sure that I do all the subjects that are required (I do too) and I get to choose the books and stuff. My mom checks my stuff pretty frequently but I very rarely need help with school.

I see. Sounds intetesting.
flopsy

Postby lynn103 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:19 pm

It is! But I am getting a proper education though!
lynn103

PreviousNext

Return to Teen Health