My 9 month old isn’t attached to me but his gran!!

Parenting

My 9 month old isn’t attached to me but his gran!!

Postby Tee1712 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:25 am

We live with his dads family 4 days and mine 3 days his always chasing after his dads mum in the walker tugging at her clothes to be held he cries when she leaves the room and he gets excited when he hears her voice or sees her he will jump and clap his hands and stretch to her to be held. But when he sees me he won’t do nothing he won’t even baby talk with me but does with her he won’t laugh when I’m around but laughs when she makes jokes I give him so much love but I feel like he doesn’t love me or doesn’t know if I’m his mum.. he hurts becos his the only child I could have I can’t conceive anymore and I don’t feel wanted by my own baby. When I take him off his grand lap for nap time etc. He will hold on to her and cry then when I gently take him he will scream and cry when he notices his on my lap and not hers then cry even more when she leaves the room!!!! I mean what kid doesn’t go to their own MOTHER he will only like to be held by her!!!! Even if I’m out the whole day and come back he will not show any excitement to see me I’m starting to think his better of without me and doesn’t need me in his life please help me I feel depressed knowing my own baby doesn’t want his mother
Tee1712

Re: My 9 month old isn’t attached to me but his gran!!

Postby Kati-91 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:34 pm

Hi, I know exactly how you feel. I used to live very close to my parents and my mum spent a lot of time with my son. He would always get “Mama“ and „Oma” mixed up and cling to her more than me and got very difficult when we were both around as he was confused of who is his mum.
As much as I loved my mum for taking care of him and making sure that I could finish school and college, it was very hard for me as I didn’t feel like I was the mum. When he was 5 I moved further away, because things started to get out of hand. He didn’t want to be at my place and always run off to my parents, also we couldn’t spend time together as a family because he had anger issues when my mum and I were both there. It all got better once we moved and just met a few times during the week. I wished I could have moved earlier.
I’m not sure if moving is an option for you. I wish you all the best for the future
Kati-91

Postby Tee1712 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:32 pm

Im always with him literally everyday even dropped out of work but I don’t understand why he wants her over me all the time and doesn’t come to me from her and cries when she leaves room do u think becos she plays with him more like on the floor tummy time etc
Tee1712

Postby flopsy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:13 pm

Hoe old's the baby?
flopsy

Postby Tee1712 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:31 pm

9 month
Tee1712

Postby Guin26 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:46 pm

Theres nothing to worry about, he's just being a baby. My kid sister did that to me all through her infant days, she got so attached to me than my stepmom her mom. She did everything you described. The mom was also worried, but after i went off to the university and only visited once in a long time she got used to not seeing me and was then attached to the mom. Maybe you should travel somewhere with him where he doesn't get to see his grandma often...that might help. But even if you choose not to travel, keep being a mom to him, with time he will come around
Guin26

Postby Tee1712 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:02 pm

Thanks hunnys
Tee1712

Return to Parenting