Molar Pregnancy

Miscarriage

Molar Pregnancy

Postby Katieb » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:35 pm

Hi everyone,

So I found out at my 12 week scan in February that there was no heartbeat and a week later I had a medical evacuation. Since then, I've been advised that it was a Molar Pregnancy and I'm currently on a monitoring programme of reguarly testing my levels of HCG to see what the cells are doing and whether any treatment will be needed.

Just wondered whether anybody else had gone through this or is currently going through this?
Katieb

Re: Molar Pregnancy

Postby Moosey » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:48 am

I am very sorry for your loss. I've never heard of a molar pregnancy. Sounds like the doctor is monitoring you for your health. I wish you best and take care of yourself.
Moosey

Postby Katieb » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:35 pm

Thank you for your kind words. I had never heard of it either but I've had to learn a lot about it very quickly! Basically it all goes wrong at fertilisation and the cells grow in to a tumour instead of a viable pregnancy :( the cells usually go away on their own and even if they don't it's curable, even if you end up having chemotherapy to get rid of it, but it's a bit of an emotional rollercoaster and means we can't try again until we get the all clear.
Katieb

Postby Mzthomas82 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:41 pm

Could these cells be what the doctors call fibroids? Especially the ones inside the uterus. I have several fibroids. One on my left side that's calcified and hurts when I come on my period. Just curious since they dont known what causes them.
Mzthomas82

Postby Katieb » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:23 pm

Hi, no I think it's different to fibroids. Molar tumours occur from a fault at conception and things going wrong with sperm and egg (it's a pregnancy disease) whereas I think fibroids are to do with the tissue in the uterus but I don't really know much about fibroids I'm afraid x
Katieb

Return to Miscarriage