Irregular periods

Menstrual health

Re: Irregular periods

Postby AC*DC » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:36 am

You have to have MANY cysts for it to be PCOS. Cyst on your ovary is a natural phase of your ovary. So your ovary can e polycystic without have PCOS. If your Dr had suspected PCOS he would have done blood work and would have told you that you have PCOS. You can also have ovulation problems and not have PCOS. Only a Dr can help with any ovulation/ovary abnormalities.
AC*DC

Postby Badu » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:08 pm

Go check your thyroid! You will be amazed by how many people have hormone imbalances because of that and irregular periods ????????
Badu

Postby Milee.1306 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:23 am

What is PCOS?
Milee.1306

Postby Milee.1306 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:27 am

Badu wrote:Go check your thyroid! You will be amazed by how many people have hormone imbalances because of that and irregular periods ????????
I've checked my thyroid. It's nirmal but I'm severly underweight
Milee.1306

Postby Milee.1306 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:29 am

AC*DC wrote:You have to have MANY cysts for it to be PCOS. Cyst on your ovary is a natural phase of your ovary. So your ovary can e polycystic without have PCOS. If your Dr had suspected PCOS he would have done blood work and would have told you that you have PCOS. You can also have ovulation problems and not have PCOS. Only a Dr can help with any ovulation/ovary abnormalities.
what is PCOS??
Milee.1306

Postby Ceya » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:00 pm

Hi all. I am 36 and since I stopped with the pill my menstruation is irregular and always dark like brown blood. Is it normal ???
Ceya

Postby LibraLuv2684 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:02 pm

I've a history of heavy irregular difficult & painful cycles....it could be unbalanced hormones ovarian cycle pcos menstrual disorder(s) stress pelvic infection....if you choose the pill try low dose ortho tri cycle don't get the shot or any thing that'll eventually stop your cycles (personal history w/ the shot)
Crazy♎Luv
LibraLuv2684

Postby LibraLuv2684 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:13 pm

Milee.1306 wrote:
AC*DC wrote:You have to have MANY cysts for it to be PCOS. Cyst on your ovary is a natural phase of your ovary. So your ovary can e polycystic without have PCOS. If your Dr had suspected PCOS he would have done blood work and would have told you that you have PCOS. You can also have ovulation problems and not have PCOS. Only a Dr can help with any ovulation/ovary abnormalities.
what is PCOS??
polycystic ovaries syndrome (multiple cyst in 1 or both ovaries)....there are seveseveral wways to find out .....US-(ultrasound pelvic & trans-vaginal....CT Scan-(Cat scan w/ & w/o contrast)....MRI/PET Scan-(3D imaging w/ & w/o contrast)
Crazy♎Luv
LibraLuv2684

Postby ABC329 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:07 pm

Just thought I should follow up that I had all my hormones checked, thyroid checked, pelvic and transvaginal ultrasounds checked all because of my irregular periods and everything came out normal. The previous cysts I had were gone. Pap smear also negative. So only conclusion for my missed periods would have to have been a Plan B pill I've taken last year. I've taken it in the past and never had this issue however it can affect periods months and months later. I am now back to the usual monthly periods. Glad it all turned out ok. If anyone is concerned about their period it doesn't hurt to just get everything checked, but it could also be due to any birth control you've taken however long ago
ABC329

Previous

Return to Menstrual health